• ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    ??

I find this kind of hilarious considering there is a whole new section on INGO dedicated to reviews done by members. :dunno:

I think it's great that INGO has a review section now. I've made reviews in the past and I think it's a great idea. Doesn't mean I'm going to take it as the gospel either. It'll be worth every penny we pay for it and if I disagree, so what.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I think it's great that INGO has a review section now. I've made reviews in the past and I think it's a great idea. Doesn't mean I'm going to take it as the gospel either. It'll be worth every penny we pay for it and if I disagree, so what.

I agree with you, and the same can be said for anyone who makes hundreds of YouTube videos.

My point was in reference to people who say that nobody has the guts to make their own reviews. Thats all. No malice to anyone who made that remark either, just pointing that it is not the case.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I agree with you, and the same can be said for anyone who makes hundreds of YouTube videos.

My point was in reference to people who say that nobody has the guts to make their own reviews. Thats all. No malice to anyone who made that remark either, just pointing that it is not the case.

I see what you're saying, but I think there's a little bit of a difference between writing up a couple of of reviews that aren't much more than a hundred or so rounds off a bench and reporting on the accuracy on paper vs making hundreds of videos and putting them out there for public scrutiny.

I remember one of the longest reviews I ever made was on a penetration test of a 44mag rifle vs a 30-30 using about a dozen different ammos between the two and then I threw in a couple other odd ball calibers just because I had those guns with me the day I did the test at the range. I included chrono data and measured results with weighing what was left of the bullets. I was pretty proud of it but I got ripped up pretty good on the internet over it (not here somewhere else) so I can really appreciate people exposing themselves to some jabs in an attempt to do something for the greater good. I think everyone should do some kind of a review here and there just because we read or watch so many for free we should help out every now and then. After it was all said and done, my review was worth exactly what people paid for it. All a review is to me is another persons point of view mixed in with some details about the manufacturing.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I plan on doing some videos soon.

I was thinking the same thing... Let's make a whole freakin' series, where we do random tests, with guns we borrow from people, and post 'em all up on good 'ol youtube.

(our videos may not be better, but I'll guarantee we'll have less "um"s and rambling)

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I was thinking the same thing... Let's make a whole freakin' series, where we do random tests, with guns we borrow from people, and post 'em all up on good 'ol youtube.

(our videos may not be better, but I'll guarantee we'll have less "um"s and rambling)

My first one will be on my FNP9. I'm going to try and get to it this weekend. Also, all the um's and uh's get annoying.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I'm sure he's loving it.

Most of his videos have HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of views... and he gets paid a little for each one.

Yep, I'm guessing he loves every single click on his videos even if people bash him. I've watched a couple of his videos and didn't like them. No reason for me to bash him on his channel, just moved on and found someone I like better. I know Hickok45 doesn't do the same kinds of things in his videos but his videos have the entertainment value, shooting, and some basic knowledge of each firearm he is talking about that video.

I'd much rather watch his videos to see what he thinks but even then, that is his opinion. We're not the same shooter, don't have the same skill, and we don't have the same needs from a firearm. Getting an idea of the firearm is nice and all but when it comes down to it whatever the equipment reviewed is, we're all going to have different thoughts.

YogiRC51

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Yes I know I'm:horse:.
    As a noob this and other sites, along with his vids helped with my 1st gun selection. Every vid I've watched I've done so with a grain of salt and so should everyone else. As other have said get the facts and make your own decision.

And yes the glock thing can get old, but I do understand the comparison.

I've actually read every post in this thread and I'm amazed at how divided we are on our opinions of him. It's nice to see a good discussion about it rather than just "I hate him" or his vids suck".

hidesert

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    I know nothing about this guy other than seeing a couple of his videos. They were entertaining and okay. He is a bit annoying, but hey I give him a pat on the back for doing it.

patton487

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    My first one will be on my FNP9. I'm going to try and get to it this weekend. Also, all the um's and uh's get annoying.

Ha! I see a hell of a lot of talk, but not much action. "I can do a better video over the weekend than nutnfancy" Yeah right, I'll believe it when I see it.....

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Ha! I see a hell of a lot of talk, but not much action. "I can do a better video over the weekend than nutnfancy" Yeah right, I'll believe it when I see it.....

one would think you would be better off posting that after the weekend has past by a couple of days.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Yup, another vote for Hickok45. He's both fun to watch and is a a great shot. He doesn't run around decked out in the latest and greatest tacticool gear like a wanna-be Delta Operator and he pumps out a good volume of videos. He doesn't bore you with 20 minute "table top" reviews that should have taken 3 minutes or less.

But he is a Glock guy. :)

xring62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Henry county
    I like his vids. anytime anyone puts their views out there theres always some that cant stand it and try to discredit them. Its mindblowing all the differant views on training or a firearm.

patton487

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    one would think you would be better off posting that after the weekend has past by a couple of days.

I would if I thought they were gonna do anything besides talk about it. I will be glad to eat my words if he puts out a quality review about anything this weekend. I guess we'll see....

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I like the Nutnfancy a lot and have been part of TNP since two years now.
    Some people dont like the guy.If you dont like him no need to hate, just dont watch.
    You can find lots of other gun-related channels on YouTube.

Top Bottom