• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jazzy1993

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Lake County
    I have been thinking about joining the NRA. At $35 a year, it seems like a decent investment, if not at least for the $2500 in firearm insurance. How many of you are members and how many are lifetime members?

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I have been thinking about joining the NRA. At $35 a year, it seems like a decent investment, if not at least for the $2500 in firearm insurance. How many of you are members and how many are lifetime members?

Im a lifetime member and proud to say it, but just as a heads up, you're about to get a thread full of NRA bashing. For some reason there's a lot of tinfoil-hat-wearers on here that think the NRA does nothing for us and only help themselves.:rolleyes:

Read this and you'll get an idea of what I'm talking about.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ion/210983-the_nra_true_and_false_thread.html

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    I am a member and will continue to be. I don't agree with everything, but I think they work hard to preserve our rights as Americans. $35 a year is well spent.

Dave

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    dont pay 35.....look around online, im sure you can find a deal for 25 as i did.

The only prob i have with them is every other day im getting stuff in the mail asking me for money....i support the NRA they are the biggest fighter for our right (2A).

But other then that...rock on :)

doublesharp

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Clark County
    I'm a member since the mid 70s. There is an opt out for all the mailings that I used several years ago. now all I get is the NRA magazine and special mailings when they are advocating an election candidate. It's not perfect but NRA protects 2nd amend rights and I think every gun owner should be a member.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I don't see the value of return for the cost of lifetime membership personally. I'm a certified instructor so they get my contribution out of my renewal fees.
    :twocents:

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I don't see the value of return for the cost of lifetime membership personally. I'm a certified instructor so they get my contribution out of my renewal fees.
    :twocents:

Ditto; plus thousands of dollars in instruction materials every year; plus many new NRA members who join during my classes.

The NRA is the 800 pound gorilla in DC and, arguably, has done more to advance the cause than all other similar organizations combined (not at all disparaging other such organizations.)

For those who wish to be lifetime members, that is great, and I salute them all. For those NRA members who choose not to be lifetime, I salute them, too. For those non-members who only whine and gripe about the horribleness of the NRA, all the while reaping the benefits of the NRA, no salute.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Legacy lifetime member here, my dad believes in the NRA enough that he paid for mine as a Christmas gift last year. I have in the past paid on a yearly schedule, though I must admit, all the junk mail it got me was irritating. After the lifetime membership took effect, I seemed to not get anything else besides the magazines.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Member since 1986, currently a Endowment member (Golden Eagles as well), as well on Board of Directors Indiana State Rifle and Pistol Association where I am a Life-Bronze member. Perhaps you will look into us as well?:D

Welcome to the fight.

What are you interested in doing?

Have you been to an Annual Meeting before? It is coming to Indianapolis in 2014.

Have you been to a Friends of the NRA banquet? Perhaps you can come to one and meet other members in your area.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I have been a member for many years. And seeing Kirk'z post reminded me I'm going to join the Indiana local version too.

jazzy1993

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Lake County
    Member since 1986, currently a Endowment member (Golden Eagles as well), as well on Board of Directors Indiana State Rifle and Pistol Association where I am a Life-Bronze member. Perhaps you will look into us as well?:D

Welcome to the fight.

Have you been to an Annual Meeting before? It is coming to Indianapolis in 2014.

Have you been to a Friends of the NRA banquet? Perhaps you can come to one and meet other members in your area.

I have no particular interest. I just purchased my first firearm (had a few given to me as gifts) and wanted to check it out.

I have never been to a meeting.

I have never been to a friends of the NRA banquet. I do not believe any of my friends are members.

I will check out the Indiana State Rifle and Pistol Association as well. Thanks!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Welcome to the fight.

Hey Kirk... For those of us that haven't been to a friends of the NRA banquet, what are they? What is the purpose? When are they? Etc. i probably missed them, but I dont recall seeing notices or invitations.

EPD1102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Evansville
    I'm a Life Patron member. I have bought Life memberships for my wife and son since we are all shooters. If it weren't for the NRA, I doubt there would an AR15.com website since there wouldn't be any AR15s...or a lot of other guns.
    Some people bash the NRA for their mailings and such. They are trying to raise money to fight for gun rights. If you don't like the mailings, drop them in the trash.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Hey Kirk... For those of us that haven't been to a friends of the NRA banquet, what are they? What is the purpose? When are they? Etc. i probably missed them, but I dont recall seeing notices or invitations.

Friends of the NRA dinners: eat chicken, while you and buddies buy chances on guns all for the benefit of the NRA Foundation.

Friends of NRA - NRA Foundation

NRA Foundation

"Hey, that's just a ploy to raise money!"

Yes, yes it is. These are fundraisers, it is what you give, not what you get that is important.

I've won more than several guns over the years, some given to INGO members (and donated more than several guns to the NRA), but it about what is raised for the future of shooting that is important.

Top Bottom