• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I've recently signed up a renewal for a long term membership and was wondering who uses the basic and the Armscare 'plus'?

I'd like to know the goods/bads about it before I think about buying extra.

Please, any and all input is great!

k12lts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Jackson County
    I don't use it but I have looked into it before. It looks like a good deal. The rate is reasonable and they don't require you to list specific firearms that are values at less then $1500 each, and on the higher valued items you have to list they don't need the serial number.

rushca01

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    It's nice to have as a back up but I would talk to your insurance agent and think about scheduling your guns on your Inland Marine. Usually it's a cheap rate. Remember, most homeowner policies limit that amount of coverage for firerms in regards to theft.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I've had ArmsCare Plus for years. When I initially got my policy, it was the least expensive I could find. Second, you're not required to supply detailed information about your guns unless you add a specific gun to the schedule (because of a value over their maximum for nonscheduled items). In that case, you only have to supply a description, not serial numbers. The only downside is that it's not fully comprehensive insurance, but only covers specific losses. Fortunately for me, they cover all of the things that could conceivably happen to my stuff.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    My gun insurance

Everything we own is insured with State Farm. When the arsenal's value surpassed the max on the home owner's policy, we got a separate policy just for the guns. We gave them a list of the guns which gets updated a couple of times a year. I evaluated the guns and State Farm accepted the values I provided. The premium is about 1.5% of the total value.

Important consideration: Some policies only cover a loss which occurs at your home. A home fire or theft from the home, for example. The big selling point for me is that State Farm doesn't care how or where the loss occurs.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Everything we own is insured with State Farm. When the arsenal's value surpassed the max on the home owner's policy, we got a separate policy just for the guns. We gave them a list of the guns which gets updated a couple of times a year. I evaluated the guns and State Farm accepted the values I provided. The premium is about 1.5% of the total value.

Important consideration: Some policies only cover a loss which occurs at your home. A home fire or theft from the home, for example. The big selling point for me is that State Farm doesn't care how or where the loss occurs.

Could I get a specific policy JUST for firearms from them?

k12lts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Jackson County

You can call and find out but I don't think so. Most companies require you to have your homeowners policy with them before they add additional coverages for other property.

BTW, most all homeowners companies offer an optional coverage extension for firearms just like State Farm, call your agent to find out.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    insurance

save your money, buy a good gun safe....
    I have owned guns for years, never had a fire, nor break in if I
    had paid for insurance, would not have half the guns I now have...
    just my opinion.....

Woo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    New Castle
    I checked into it on my insurance and it was very similar to DRob. I think it was like 10 or 14 bucks a year and I was over covered for what I have. I dont have a huge arsenal but I have couple thousand worth maybe up to 3 thousand replacement value. I just havent written it into my policy yet.

I think it is definitely worth looking into.

BTW we go through Travelers through a local agent!

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    State Farm

Ours is a separate policy. It's called a Personal Articles Policy and ours specifies "Sports Equipment". I don't know if it's available to State Farm clients only or to just anybody. If you have a standard State Farm homeowner's policy you probably already have some coverage for guns. The dollar amount can be increased but there is a max. Our agent suggested the Personal Articles Policy when we exceeded the max.

Top Bottom