• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IN50

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Southern Indiana

Statementfrom Chris W. Cox, NRA-ILA Executive Director, regarding inaccurate NBC storyalleging that NRA won't oppose background check bill
    An articleappearing today on NBCNews.com is falsely reporting that NRA will not opposelegislation being negotiated in the U.S. Senate that would mandate backgroundchecks for all gun purchasers.

The
    storyposted on NBCNews.com alleges that NRA will not oppose expanding the backgroundcheck system to include all private firearm sales, "provided thelegislation does not require private gun sellers to maintain records of thechecks". This statement is completely untrue. The NRA opposes criminalizingprivate firearms transfers between law-abiding individuals, and thereforeopposes an expansion of the background check system.

The NRA supports meaningful efforts to address the problems of violent crimeand mass violence in America, through swift and certain prosecution of violentcriminals; securing our schools; and fixing our broken mental health system.

Gordy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2013
    Newton Co.
    I saw this and read the complete opposite on the NRA website. From what I read, they oppose any legislation linked to a UBC that can lead to a registration. I read it. I see it, but only have partial faith in their stance. The proof will be in their strong stance and throwing $$$$ at stopping it. Look at the GCA1968 and the registration of NFA weapons. They bailed on us then. In 1986 they bailed on the ban on the manufacture of certain NFA weapons. I've written them and I have seen no support of citizens ownership of machineguns. I think the NRA must clean house and not spread themselves so thin. Once they do that, they will have focus. The NRA seems more interested in hunts and other things. It's just my opinion for what it's worth.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The NRA opposes criminalizing private firearms transfers between law-abiding individuals, and therefore opposes an expansion of the background check system.
    Their statement is false. The NRA supports expanding the background check system so that law abiding people with medical conditions cannot own guns.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Medical conditions like the nut in Colorado had? Fantasizing about killing large numbers of people?

TacMonkey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Somewhere in Turkey
    I don't see the point of UBC in the first place. The only way it would work is with gun registration anyways. If I went to my friend and bought a firearm how would they know if it wasnt registered? Just another unconstitutional waste of american taxdollars.

Top Bottom