Northwest Indiana Gun Owners # 25 good morning all.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Made it to Friday and eight hours in the salt mine till my four day Holiday weekend.
    Its Friday GIF (GIF Image)

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    As a side note do not hesitate to call your gas company if you think an odor may be gas. Here's a relatively minor kaboom that
    blew the doors, windows and eaves out and bulged some walls. I've seen CO detectors save many lives mostly during heating
    season so make sure you have a working one.

View attachment 283429
    View attachment 283430
    But get everyone out of the house first then call the gas company.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Not one peep from the environmentalists on all the Canadian smoke! Who would have guessed.
    This exposes some truths.

And points out that the USA and EU can spend trillions of dollars over the next decade destroying our economy to fight "climate change" but the reality is a good forest fire will do more so-called 'harm' than all our man made smoke emitting vehicle and beef eating cow induced farts combined.

IT ALSO shows us that no matter how clean we may be, India, China, Africa and the poorer/developing nations will continue to spew crap into the air from coal, wood and gasoline at faster rates so anything we do is offset by them AND any manufacturing we TRANSFER to those nations will actually INCREASE pollution in the world as we have stricter emissions and controls here.

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    This exposes some truths.

And points out that the USA and EU can spend trillions of dollars over the next decade destroying our economy to fight "climate change" but the reality is a good forest fire will do more so-called 'harm' than all our man made smoke emitting vehicle and beef eating cow induced farts combined.

IT ALSO shows us that no matter how clean we may be, India, China, Africa and the poorer/developing nations will continue to spew crap into the air from coal, wood and gasoline at faster rates so anything we do is offset by them AND any manufacturing we TRANSFER to those nations will actually INCREASE pollution in the world as we have stricter emissions and controls here.
    It also nullifies the need for vehicle emission testing in 3 counties since it is ineffective at reducing anything.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    No, you're not the first. As a pilot I got to pee in a cup on numerous occasions. It was never convenient.

Last one I remember just before saying enough of this BS was while flying out in Honolulu. Caught a random drug test upon return. Here's two things I know from long experience,.......airlines only do random drug screens on pilots at the END of their flight because gee, if they fail a drug screen BEFORE flight it'll cause a delay. How's that for corporate brilliance? Of course no pilot is going to fail a random but that's not the point.

The other thing I know from long experience is that airlines know who their problem pilots are and who their 'good' pilots are. And they select out the 'good' boys for the bulk of the 'random' screening. I was a known good boy so I got more than my share. Sorry for the drift,......

Anyhow, I got notified of a random upon arrival in Honolulu. We'd been up since 2AM. Took off for Kwajalein at 5AM. About 5-1/2hrs down, a couple hrs on the ground in Kwaj where we go out to the beach in the tropical sun to watch the sharks(and sweat a lot), and then 5-1/2hrs back. LONG day. Warm sweaty weather everywhere. 11hrs up at altitude in a 0% humidity environment so by the end of the day you're about as dehydrated as you're ever gonna be,....and you're tired,....and you're likely NOT in a good mood. So now after dealing with Ag and Customs it's 7PM and I gotta go pee,....except I don't gotta. Guess what every pilot does just prior to top of descent on a long flight. He pees, that's what he does. When he lands he's as dry as dust.

It took me four hours of sitting in a lab to work up a sprinkle,....after a 17hr day,....and they were mad at ME for taking so long.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    So, I was 18 and in good condition. I got up at 5:30 and evacuated my bladder. I mean Russian race horse stream.

They wake us up at 6 and the entire company has to pee in a cup. Line up outside the latrine do your duty and fall out on the parade until everyone finishes.

I have a shy bladder and two MP's, one on either side waiting to observe the stream didn't help much.

The entire company is standing outside waiting for me for over an hour.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It took me four hours of sitting in a lab to work up a sprinkle,....after a 17hr day,....and they were mad at ME for taking so long.

Well, you were inconveniencing THEM.
    They don't care about inconveniencing YOU.

A sailor on a sub tender was upset, cause when we were at sea, he'd stand duty watch once a month.
    When we pulled in, he had duty watch every fifth day.

In port, I had duty every third day, or every other day.
    My heart bled for his situation.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom