Northwest Indiana Gun Owners # 25 good morning all.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    @kaveman, did the pilot, co-pilot, & crew have fun with this one?

A Delta Air Lines jet landed with its nose gear retracted after pilots reported an issue on Wednesday. All aboard were evacuated safely.

That must be a horrible feeling when you are heading toward asphalt and stuff is just not right

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    This is the internet? So I can believe everything I read?

So they were waiting on you? Get fixed and hope everything goes well.

The surgeon was waiting on pri care physician to okay it.
    Doc was waiting on surgeon to do pre surgery tests.
    Surgeon said, they doc has done it before. The test are for the doc to okay it. NOT for the surgeon. Which is why the doc schedules them.

So now I got the doc's office to say they'll arrange them.
    So I'm waiting for them

Has this been going on 2 months now?

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte

A Delta Air Lines jet landed with its nose gear retracted after pilots reported an issue on Wednesday. All aboard were evacuated safely.

That must be a horrible feeling when you are heading toward asphalt and stuff is just not right
    Pretty uneventful if they knew it was happening and they likely did. From what little I can read the nose gear did not deploy so they knew it was going to be tough sledding. Didn't get a green light for the nose gear. If the gear had come down normally and collapsed on landing that would be a shock. But with the bad gear indication they would be able to brief the crew and passengers and have emergency equipment standing by at the runway. They'd likely circle around for awhile getting ready and burning off as much fuel as possible. Land light with lower speeds and longest runway,....all that jazz.

Shut down the motors and pop the slides. Notice they only used the forward exits,.....closer to the ground and furthest from the engines. That's the only place I'd be worried about injuries. Then the crew gets to go pee in bottles and take some time off. Looks like they did a bangup job to me.

If the gear gets hung up in a well not too much you can do. You can try yankin' and bankin' to see if you can jar it loose but with passengers on board that's probably not advisable. Scraped up a little sheetmetal. It'll get patched and inspected and it'll be fine.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

This should make future air travel cheaper. It is obvious the planes don't need that expensive nose gear.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Might be easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission, but it might be expensive.

Man faces hefty fine for cutting down 32 of his neighbor's trees

$1,000 per tree, is just the fine.
    The replanting might run him a few more decimal pointss

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Wife and I golfed 27 holes. Rescued the sitter and picked up the kid for his Jr. PGA meet. He & his buddy won their match. Pretty good considering this is only their 2nd one and their opponents were older and experienced. Mowed the yard and made shrimp for dinner. Packing for vacation.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Got a new prescription for glasses….. feels like I’m 2’ shorter and like the ground is higher than it is….. not the first time this has happened… on the bright side everything is VERY clear in my fun house.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom