• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rich.Carpenter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Fishers
    I've been to Pop Guns, and they're ok, I suppose, but it's like shooting in a closet. I'd like to find an outdoor range, and if I could shoot my AR-15 there (when I finish building it, that is) that would be great. It doesn't even have to be a range. Someplace out in the middle of nowhere that I could should milk jugs, targets, etc. would be even better.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    Indiana Gun Club for clays and such, Wilbur Wright for pistol, clays, and 50 yard rifle, private property for rifle to 200 yrard. There are several clubs available, I just haven't paid one yet.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Try the Elwood Conservation Club.

It's about 25 miles north of Noblesville on St. Rd 37.

There are 25, 50, 75, 100 yard bays, plus a 7 yard pistol range. They have a turkey shoot every Sunday, I believe.

Never too crowded and nobody gives you the business if you want to shoot at a bottle or other odd ball target. Hell, I saw a motorcycle helmet full of holes there one time!

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Well, Rich, it's one of those you can't get there from here. If you want to shoot .223, you'll have to drive a bit. Anything other than center fire rifle you can get done closer to home. Other than private land, you will drive to either the Elwood Conservation Club which I think is open 7 days a week. Or, down to Atterbury, which is 9 to 5 on Saturdays, or noon to 5 on Sundays.

The Marion County Fish & Game range is just off Crawfordsville Road on the SW side. But no center fire rifle other than hand gun cartriges. So while you can shoot a 9mm hand gun and a 9mm carbine, no .223. If you're NE, I'd take a look at Elwood.

NRA Lifer since 1971

Top Bottom