• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So what did Billy "offer/give" to NK. NK does not do these things out of the goodness of it's heart. Hum..

source:
    North Korea: 2 US journalists pardoned - Yahoo! News

SEOUL, South Korea – North Korean leader Kim Jong Il has issued a "special pardon" to two American journalists convicted of sneaking into the country illegally, and he ordered them released during a visit by former U.S. President Bill Clinton, North Korean media reported Tuesday.
    The release of Laura Ling and Euna Lee was a sign of North Korea's "humanitarian and peaceloving policy," the Korean Central News Agency reported.
    Clinton, who arrived in North Korea earlier in the day on an unannounced visit, met with the reclusive and ailing Kim — his first meeting with a prominent Western figure since his reported stroke nearly a year ago.
    North Korea accused Ling, 32, and Lee, 36, of sneaking into the country illegally in March and engaging in "hostile acts," and the nation's top court sentenced them in June to 12 years of hard labor.
    THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.
    SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — North Korea's official news agency says leader Kim Jong Il has pardoned two American journalists and ordered their release.
    The official Korean Central News Agency said early Wednesday from Pyongyang that the order was issued following a request from former President Bill Clinton.
    Clinton flew to the North Korean capital on Tuesday on a mission to negotiate the release of Laura Ling and Euna Lee, reporters for former Vice President Al Gore's Current TV media venture.

ron

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    Big surprise here, Bill Clinton goes to North Korea and picks up 2 women. What else can we expect from this philandering liberal playboy?

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    I thought we had a Secretary of State named Hillary. Wouldn't this type of event require her to participate? Meanwhile Slick Willy (No attachment to our current Government) goes to Korea to negotiate and make official deals.

Maybe we don't need Hillary.... we can just recycle Willy.

I guess we'll find out when we start trading for the three Idiots in Iran.:rolleyes:

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    Doubt if it cost a dime. Gotta remember Clinton administration allowed their nuclear development and technology R&D. This is a paltry payback which is why Bill was sent in the first place. Well played B.H.O.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    You know I'm sorry I posted this article because I FELL FOR IT. Think about it. Billy goes to NK and in one day gets the girls released. So now for the rest of the week the MEDIA will focus on this & us as well. Okay.

SO WHAT IS THE REAL STORY THAT IS HAPPENING IN DC THIS WEEK THAT THE MEDIA & I6BO NEEDED COVERED UP BY THIS?

That boys and girls is the REAL QUESTION. This is just a smokescreen for something else. What is it?

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    Apparently, Bill is into Asian Women. Hillary is his wife, can you blame him?

Seriously though, at least he got those stupid girls out of there.

waloidian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Bloomingtonian
    This is an easy one. NK played their cards well, in order to assure the succession and solidify Kim Jong Il's power amid a devastated economy and internal power struggle. NK got a huge world dignitary to come grovel and participate in photo ops, this is why they rejected multiple offerings from the US (Gore, Richardson, etc) Not only does this boost KJI's image in NK, it legitimizes the recent nuclear antics the NK's have been engaging in. These two idiot "journalists" forced the hand of the US in a matter that didnt need civilian intrusion. If a "journalist" wants to engage in dangerous reporting, and break laws of another country, they should never expect their government to bail them out and lose face. These women were caught red handed in NK territory.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    Last night on FOX, I saw a photoshopped picture released by N. Korea. It showed Kim standing next to Slick Willy. Only ONE problem.... Kim was in great health, jet-black hair, no wrinkles, standing straight without assistance...etc. The picture was obviously taken years ago and then pasted into one with Clinton. Nobody in the media noticed.... hmmmm?:cool:

waloidian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Bloomingtonian
    Last night on FOX, I saw a photoshopped picture released by N. Korea. It showed Kim standing next to Slick Willy. Only ONE problem.... Kim was in great health, jet-black hair, no wrinkles, standing straight without assistance...etc. The picture was obviously taken years ago and then pasted into one with Clinton. Nobody in the media noticed.... hmmmm?:cool:
    ill have to look for some press on that, because the first thing I thought when I saw that pic was, crap he looks like a cardboard cutout...AND he looked 100 times better than he did just a few weeks ago.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Checked Fox's website. Can't seem to find the picture. Any chance for a link?

I still wonder what's being smoked and mirrored. I'll have to check the current state in Washington later.

If the power doesn't go out again like last night... :rolleyes:

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    Checked Fox's website. Can't seem to find the picture. Any chance for a link?

I still wonder what's being smoked and mirrored. I'll have to check the current state in Washington later.

If the power doesn't go out again like last night... :rolleyes:

It was on the TV last night. Both my wife and I noticed how well the Dear One looked. The FOX website has a different picture than the one we viewed.:dunno:

Ahhhh, the media. Just what CAN"T they do???

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    It was on the TV last night. Both my wife and I noticed how well the Dear One looked. The FOX website has a different picture than the one we viewed.:dunno:

Ahhhh, the media. Just what CAN"T they do???

Get it right? :dunno:

Clearwat

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    My question, that has not been answered is: Why were they in North Korea anyway? I know they work for Albert Gore. But why were they there, knowing it was not a friendly place to be?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    My question, that has not been answered is: Why were they in North Korea anyway? I know they work for Albert Gore. But why were they there, knowing it was not a friendly place to be?

If I remember correctly, they accidentally strayed into NK territory from China and were deemed spies.

Is that correct? I lost the article when my HDD failed.

(I know I know, RAID my drives...)

waloidian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Bloomingtonian
    They were shooting some news story or documentary on the human plight in NK. They "accidentally" crossed into the NK border from China, and were picked up by NK, their "male" guide tucked tail and ran away.

Top Bottom