• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    I'm in the process of acquiring a NAA .22lr revolver as I found it brand new for 150 otd, so while I'm waiting to get it I'd like to hear thoughts and opinions, mods and pictures from anybody who happens to own one or a similar model from NAA

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    I have a 22mag. NAA mini. I have put maybe 100 rounds through it, no problems.
    It is really a cool little gun.
    The NAA web site, is full of accessories. I did replace the wood grips with a pull over
    rubber grip. It doesn't look as good as the wood, but makes it a whole lot easier
    to hold it. Make sure you use the safety notches.
    Enjoy.

sur+rifle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    Warrick, IN
    These are great revolvers.

+1 on the loading. It takes a little finesse to get the cylinder in and get the hammer on the safety notch. I can't wait to check out the new generation with the break tops. Feedback is that they are fantastically easy to load.

A very necessary addition is a holster which prevents the hammer from being pulled back accidentally, especially for pocket carry.

Also, there is a ton of info on the message board section of the website (North American Arms). All the options are covered in great detail.

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    I bet my father in Law that I could hit a old Small car hood (3' X 3') at 40 yrds and I hit 4 out of 5 shots and then hit 3 out 5 at over 50 yards. Great little guns with a great warranty. Always with me and can be quite accurate with practice. Probablt not your last. Jim
    NAA.jpg

EPD1102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Evansville
    I have carried one daily for at least 15 years with the plastic grip that flips out into a grip. It sits in my pocket and everyone thinks it's just a pocketknife or a pager. I like the .22 version much better than the .22 Magnum version. I like the Magnum ballistics better but it was just a little too big and blocked my pocket too much.

Dawall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Lake County
    I've had one for 20+ years. It would slide out of some pockets while sitting for a period only to find it later. Installed rubber grip panels and never lost it again. Nice for summer with shorts and sandals. Most people do not leave the hammer in ins correct safety notch on the cylinder. Good habit to check it regularly.

LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    Ya, I thought the 150 was a good price too, I'm gettin mine from Midwest Gun Exchange, they have all NAA Guns on sale for the dealer cost or somethin like that, can't recall how they worded it, but this one was listed at 199 but I got it for 150, I kinda wanna check on the .32NAA guardian they had

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I had a .22 mag for a while. Bought it from an INGOer. Carried it for a while. Sold it to another INGOer when I bought something else. Probably should have kept it. Nice little gun. Hides in your pocket.

I carried it in my right front pants pocket. I was paranoid about having a rimfire with an exposed cylinder, so I carried my keys and pocket knife in my left pocket. Which always felt awkward to me.

And there are a lot of opinions about the safety notches on the cylinder. Some people like them. Some people have had them move onto a loaded chamber in their pocket. Some people carried on an empty chamber. I carried on the safety notches with no issues. But if I was going to carry another one, I would buy a pocket holster for it.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    These have always looked like neat little guns (and naturally I want one), but they don't seem too practical. I might be remembering wrong, but I thought the box o truth guy tested one of these out and it didn't penetrate a thick coat. You figure its a .22lr with hardly any barrel to get that bullet going. I have a little Ruger LCP that is real easy to carry and I can shoot it very accurately.

Of course I am sure you will get more than $150 worth of enjoyment out of it no matter what. Heck, even just showing it to people will be enough fun to justify that cost.

EDIT: after some googling... it is clear that I was mistaken on those penetration tests. It must have been something else I am remembering. The penetration tests I saw for the mini revolvers was actually fairly impressive considering.

Last edited:

LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    Ya, I have an xd and a sig 229 in .40 that I carry, this is just for ****s and giggles and to show off, it's a great lookin little thing

Top Bottom