• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zipper89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    By googleing "usreciprocity.pdf" the first link i have saved and read. My Questions become as follows

TN an FL Are listed in Red and say that the will honor IN permits. However at the bottom of the first page it say "Stats in red issue Non-Resident Permits."

1) Are they Obtainable threw my County's Sheriff Department?
    2) If Not Where to I obtain them
    3) How Much More if any will they be.
    4) Are they even Needed to travel?

zipper

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    to get another states CCW/LTCh you will have to get it through those states. not sure on Fl and TN. But the Utah permit is more popular and accepted in more states. it requires a certain amount of training to obtain one. Google Utah permit classes and you will get several then you can take. then mail the record of completion and the permit application along with all other needed documents and you will receive your permit in the mail.

That's the short quick version of how to get it.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    There was a table at the 1500 selling the Utah license. You take a 4 hour course here in Indy and your good to go in 32 states.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Since I am from Illinois and want to carry I am fairly well versed in non-resident permits, I have six. These are Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, Maine, Connecuitt, Utah and Florida. For all practical purposes the Utah and Florida would suffice. Part of the reason for the others is a political statement to the lawmakers in my state and to show unknowing people in Illinois what goes on in the "free world."
    I have in-laws in Florida and Minnesota, the only way to carry in Florida as an Illinois resident is with the Florida permit. Minnesota does not honor the Florida permit but Utah is welcome there.
    The best place I have found for information on the internet about where you can carry with which permit is Handgunlaw.us There you can find "create a map" and put in what permits you have and it will make you a map color coded for your convience. Jim.

zipper89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Since I am from Illinois and want to carry I am fairly well versed in non-resident permits, I have six. These are Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, Maine, Connecuitt, Utah and Florida. For all practical purposes the Utah and Florida would suffice. Part of the reason for the others is a political statement to the lawmakers in my state and to show unknowing people in Illinois what goes on in the "free world."
    I have in-laws in Florida and Minnesota, the only way to carry in Florida as an Illinois resident is with the Florida permit. Minnesota does not honor the Florida permit but Utah is welcome there.
    The best place I have found for information on the internet about where you can carry with which permit is Handgunlaw.us There you can find "create a map" and put in what permits you have and it will make you a map color coded for your convience. Jim.

Now from what i found Ill dosnt have a ccw and wont honor anyones. so dose this mean i can enter the state with just a USID and be good. because i know ill requires a tag for each fire armed own

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    Now from what i found Ill dosnt have a ccw and wont honor anyones. so dose this mean i can enter the state with just a USID and be good. because i know ill requires a tag for each fire armed own

What? Spelling and grammer helps us understand what you are asking. Simple question, do you have Indiana ltch now and want to pick up a non-resident from another state?

I think you are saying the not so great state to our west does not allow for carry (which is correct). I also believe you are asking, if because you have some kind of U.S. I.D. card that you may enter said state with a loaded fire arm on your person or in your vehicle (in which you can't).

And yes the said state to the west does require residents of that state to have what they call a firearm owners I.D., or a foid card.

Am I correct in understanding you?

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Unless you can carry under IIRC HR218 active or retired LEO there is no legal carry in Illinois. Illinois residents must have a FOID; firearm owner ID card, it does not list your guns only that you can legally own guns in Illinois. It does not allow CCW, only that you can own guns. There are no gun lists or individual tags for your guns. Jim.

Top Bottom