• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Does anyone know of a good area to shoot in Brownsburg? Somewhere out away from town where nobody will care about me shooting some clays or other targets...I'd bring a shotgun, not handguns or rifles.

Last edited:

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I go to the marion county range at least once a week and usually take my clay thrower with me. If you want to come as a guest send me a PM.

This week we are going down by Bargersville so we can shoot Ar's and some Tannerite, so it would have to be next week if you wanted to come.

FordMan79

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2010
    Southeast Indiana
    I looked around Indy for a place like that and couldn't find anything. Currently I am saving to buy my own plot of land for that exact purpose.

I also recommend Marion County Fish and Game. Shootin' clays out there is alot of fun.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I will be going this Saturday to join. I was under the impression that one could only join during their posted Tuesday meetings, but I spoke with some reps at the 1500 and they got me straight. I cannot wait to tell Don's to... Well, anyway, it would be a lot safer to shoot at a range, unless you can connect with someone with their own land, who knows what sits at the maximum range of your weapon.

JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    I go to the marion county range at least once a week and usually take my clay thrower with me. If you want to come as a guest send me a PM.

This week we are going down by Bargersville so we can shoot Ar's and some Tannerite, so it would have to be next week if you wanted to come.

I may take you up on that. I'm gonna check it out some time this summer, for sure. Their website makes it seem like its not open very often, and I work "odd" hours.

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I was not aware of this facility. As best as I can make out, you can use up to a .22 rifle, but centerfire rifles are not allowed? Obviously there is a large list of acceptable pistol calibers. If you are into pistols and 10/22s it sure beats a trip to Attabury.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I may take you up on that. I'm gonna check it out some time this summer, for sure. Their website makes it seem like its not open very often, and I work "odd" hours.

You get a key as a member. You can shoot from dawn to dusk.

Top Bottom