• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Apply at the City of Noblesville police department M-F 8am-4pm. They will walk you through the process. There will be a 24-48 delay while they do the local background check and then they'll give you a packet along with fingerprints to mail to the ISP.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    the whole process

Do you know how long the process takes till you have your permit in hand?
    Apply at the City of Noblesville police department M-F 8am-4pm. They will walk you through the process. There will be a 24-48 delay while they do the local background check and then they'll give you a packet along with fingerprints to mail to the ISP.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    1-2 days with NPD and then up to 12 weeks from the State Police. I don't think Noblesville does the L1 process yet, which would speed things up considerably.

rfontes

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2010
    Noblesville
    i did the L-1 process. Go to ISP web site, look under firearms, online application, fill it out completely & choose hamilton county, submit. you will go to a confirmation screen, click on L-1 solutions, schedule a appointment & location( I went to kokomo pd), L-1 will digitally scan your finger prints for 10.95, they will collect your state fee also(pay online with debit or bring a money order to your appointment). wait for noblesville pd to call you, go & pay the local fee @ noblesville pd(they will send your stuff electronically to isp), check your mail 3-7 business days. my process took exactly 13 days till i got the permit.

Last edited:

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    i did the L-1 process. Go to ISP web site, look under firearms, online application, fill it out completely & choose hamilton county, submit. you will go to a confirmation screen, click on L-1 solutions, schedule a appointment & location( I went to kokomo pd), L-1 will digitally scan your finger prints for 10.95, they will collect your state fee also(pay online with debit or bring a money order to your appointment). wait for noblesville pd to call you, go & pay the local fee @ noblesville pd(they will send your stuff electronically to isp), check your mail 3-7 business days.

Listen to this guy.

I filled my application out Monday morning, scheduled the fingerprinting the same day. NPD called me the next day saying the background check was complete. I went to 9th and Maple paid them $50 (with a money order) and now in wait mode.

DO NOT go the paper route.

Security122

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Southside of Indy
    Just an FYI, it is not a Conceal carry permit, but rather a License to Carry a Handgun (LTCH), which includes concealed carry and open carry. I learned this on INGO!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    That's awesome! I didn't know NPD was using L1 yet. That should make a HUGE difference. When I filed for my lifetime a few years ago, only a couple of departments had it and I ended up waiting 93 days for my license.

Hales718

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Westfield, IN
    I completed my online application late last night, did my finger printing this morning, and I'm just waiting on my call from NPD. I will let everyone know how long it takes from here. I was told from the person doing my finger prints that it should be 5-7 days. The process went very smooth and quick.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I got my LTCH through L1 in August. 1 week.

Just a side note, if you let the young lady secretary at NPD know that you plan on doing it, she will specifically look for it first thing in the AM and will get it started for you.

I really do have to say +1 NPD on this!

wrigleycub

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    West side of Indy
    Go to Noblesville town hall or police dept. Get on the state of Indiana owebsite type in handgun permit and you can complete all the steps prior to going in. You get an applicant number at the end of filling all the fields out, print and take with you. It will also tell you the denominations of the payments and who they are addressed too. One will be to the town of noblesville, one to the state, and I believe a processing fee in there somewhere.

wrigleycub

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    West side of Indy
    Oh yea, mine was filed through the town of speedway, it took 4 months. Lady at the desk said that was actually down a little from 6-8 months. She told me the state was bogged down when Obama was elected. Good luck on the 4-5 days that would be great!

Cbowen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Noblesville
    Do the L1 it will be a lot faster. I just heard about it not to long ago and heard it is a very fast process and from what I heard it only costs like 10 dollars more.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    L1 is an electronic fingerprinting. They send your prints to ISP and the LTCH process takes about a week. You file online.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Application done Monday morning. ONLINE. Pay with Credit Card. $85.95 including L-1's cut.
    Fingerprints done Monday afternoon at Mail & Ship store.
    NPD calls me Tuesday morning; "Background check complete".
    Pay NPD (9th and Maple) their $50 (via Money Order) Tuesday afternoon. (Stop at bank required, $4 for M.O.)
    LTCH permit arrives Saturday.

5 days start to finish.
    2 trips. 3 stops. <90 minutes time investment.

$139.95 for Lifetime.

Last edited:

Hales718

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Westfield, IN
    Sorry about the delay since my last post...I'm in retail management and i'm finally getting my life back after the Christmas season. Everything took about 2 weeks from the day that I applied online until I got my LTCH in hand.

Top Bottom