• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    Would there be any interest in a No Trespassing sign similar to the one below? They would be a 12x18 aluminum sign with vinyl lettering. Pricing will depend on how much interest there is, but it is looking $20ish per sign. If there is some interest on here I might go ahead and have them made and see if I could work a deal with a vendor at the 1500 and sell some there as well.

They would be based on this sign, with the only real difference being that it will reference the Indiana code.

defense_of_habitation_citation.jpg

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    If you get a certain number of members who request a sticker be prepared for about 1/2 to actually buy one.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Which part of the 2nd Amendment allows me to shoot people who set foot on my property? Does it exempt delivery persons and LEOs specifically? I must have the expurgated version. :n00b:

pmpmstrb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Better read that law again, Bubba. I wouldn't want you to start blasting neighborhood kids for walking across your lawn.

What are you talking about? Where did I say you can "blast neighborhood kids for walking across your lawn"? Someone asked which part of the 2nd amendment allowed you to shoot trespassers. I responded that it was Indiana Code not the 2nd that gave you the justification. If you read further into the code it tells you when you may use the justification, bubba.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    What are you talking about? Where did I say you can "blast neighborhood kids for walking across your lawn"? Someone asked which part of the 2nd amendment allowed you to shoot trespassers. I responded that it was Indiana Code not the 2nd that gave you the justification.

That someone was me:

Which part of the 2nd Amendment allows me to shoot people who set foot on my property?

It's not the 2nd Amendment that allows that. It's Indiana Code 35-41-3

There is no part of IC that allows summary execution in response to simple trespassing, which is what the sign in the OP threatens:

YOU WILL BE SHOT
    AND KILLED
    IF YOU TRESPASS

pmpmstrb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    That someone was me:

There is no part of IC that allows summary execution in response to simple trespassing, which is what the sign in the OP threatens:

YOU WILL BE SHOT
    AND KILLED
    IF YOU TRESPASS

But one would also think that if you are responsible and intelligent enough to own/posses/carry a firearm that you wouldn't come out with guns ablazin' just because the neighbor's football is in your backyard. According to IC 35-41-3-2b

(b) A person:
    (1) is justified in using reasonable force, including deadly force, against another person; and
    (2) does not have a duty to retreat;
    if the person reasonably believes that the force is necessary to prevent or terminate the other person's unlawful entry of or attack on the person's dwelling, curtilage, or occupied motor vehicle.

That looks like trespassing to me. Now the same responsible/intelligent gun owner knows that reasonably believes = common sense. You wouldn't shoot to kill the neighbor's kid coming to get his football, but if that same kid came over swinging a machete to get his football then I believe it would be justified if necessary. I'm pretty sure the last thing anybody wants to do is shoot at someone.

In the end all the sign does is to say that I have the right to kill you if needed and/or warranted. I think you're reading into it way too much.

Top Bottom