• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    Heard from a very reliable source yesterday that GSSF will no longer be holding the Glock Match at Eagle Creek Pistol Range. Evidently, too much hassle from IndyParks, IMPD and the current range management.

I'm proud to have been associated with running the volunteers for the Indy GSSF since 2004.

Thanks to the Terrible Trio for screwing up a great match.... :xmad:

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    Talked to them and ACC, no dice. Parking is an issue at MCFG, among other things. I never heard back from ACC. Riley might work, but its up to GSSF to find the venue.

G7.

SteelShooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    WYOMING; SOMEDAY...
    For ACC to work, one of the alternate versions of 5 to GLOCK would need to be used. There are a couple in the rulebook that would work.

The ACC BoD has discussed it, and we are still working on making it happen.

I will keep you posted...

Emodude

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 7, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Looking to get into Comp

What would be a good place for me to start looking at events and whatnot to get started into comp shooting., I have been thinking about it for years and know that there are a lot of diffrent catg, Hoping someone knows of a good website that can give me some information and a place to start. Let me know, Thanks

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Heard from a very reliable source yesterday that GSSF will no longer be holding the Glock Match at Eagle Creek Pistol Range. Evidently, too much hassle from IndyParks, IMPD and the current range management.

I'm proud to have been associated with running the volunteers for the Indy GSSF since 2004.

Thanks to the Terrible Trio for screwing up a great match.... :xmad:

Terrible Trio? Hmm. Sounds like a disgruntled post from someone who was fired by IndyParks, never had the respect of IMPD and was replaced by TFT- a professionally run organization that actually keeps ECPR open every weekend - unlike your operation of the range. (We've only recently recovered from the after-effects of your history of unreliability.)

The truth is that GSSF resented being asked to sign a rental agreement last year that required them to take financial and legal responsibility for their own operation. If that's a "hassle" from "current management," I'd say it was a prudent one.

If GSSF doesn't come back to ECPR next year, that just means that the range will be open for our regular customers EVERY weekend from the beginning of March until the end of December. We'll miss the annual Glock match shooters, but I can't say that's bad news.

Guy

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    UfXqG.gif

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    What would be a good place for me to start looking at events and whatnot to get started into comp shooting., I have been thinking about it for years and know that there are a lot of diffrent catg, Hoping someone knows of a good website that can give me some information and a place to start. Let me know, Thanks

Marion county fish and game holds Friday night steel on the 2nd and sometimes 4th Friday. It is an excellent place to start.

IDPA, USPSA, and steel challenge are also good places to start

Sorry, posting from my phone so no sites available. The Google fu will aide you with the rest of your search

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Setting the example for new shooters.

Terrible Trio? Hmm. Sounds like a disgruntled post from someone who was fired by IndyParks, never had the respect of IMPD and was replaced by TFT- a professionally run organization that actually keeps ECPR open every weekend - unlike your operation of the range. (We've only recently recovered from the after-effects of your history of unreliability.)

The truth is that GSSF resented being asked to sign a rental agreement last year that required them to take financial and legal responsibility for their own operation. If that's a "hassle" from "current management," I'd say it was a prudent one.

If GSSF doesn't come back to ECPR next year, that just means that the range will be open for our regular customers EVERY weekend from the beginning of March until the end of December. We'll miss the annual Glock match shooters, but I can't say that's bad news.

Guy

SJStill and Tactical Firearms Training,

I can appreciate that there is some bad blood between you guys and don't expect you guys to be buddies in the future, but please keep in mind that we set the example for other shooters at our facilities. While it may feel good to score some "hit points" against somebody you're mad at, please realize that this playing out in public doesn't help the shooting community as a whole.

You both have done a lot to increase the number and improve the preparedness of shooters in Indy, and I appreciate the hundreds of hours that you've invested. While nobody is saying you guys have to be the best of friends, I hope that we can set aside old grudges and continue to focus on what is important.

Hopefully the Glock match can find a new home at a local range, but if not I hope that the folks that used to attend the match check out some of the other great local matches that are similar (Bianchi, Steel Challenge, USPSA, FNS, etc.).
    Sincerely,
    Chuck
    President, Marion County Fish and Game

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    Thanks, Chuck.

I'm sorry Mr. Relford reacted the way he did. I was not "calling him out", just letting folks know that GSSF is moving and why.

I honestly hope that Eagle Creek continues to grow off what many of us worked hard to build.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It'd be a shame to loose a Hoosier match. We need more promotion of the shooting sports, not less.

As noted in this thread, new folks are continually looking for ways to get started in the shooting sports. These are often small windows. It would be best to not have them closed. Missed opportunities could well lead to loss/lack of interest. Lack of interest fuels opposition.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Chuck - I appreciate the sentiment and agree, but I won't tolerate the "thanks to the terrible trio for screwing up a great match" comment and I'm not the one who went public with this. I've worked far too hard and accomplished far too much at ECPR to suffer that kind of disrespect.

I'm not sure why he decided to go down this road -- we have actually always gotten along fine, both before and after TFT took over ECPR -- but anyone who knows me knows that I will defend myself when I am attacked on any level, especially when that attack inappropriately takes place in a public forum.

Guy

Last edited:

Beans&Bullets

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Terre Haute, IN
    Wow, sad that this match may no longer be held in Indiana. I worked 2 years ago, thought it was so neat, I joined GSSF and shot the match and worked this year. My home range, Riley might be interested in holding the match. The facilities are such that I don't think there would be an issue setting the stages, just a possible problem with sufficient parking.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    For those of you who enjoy GSSF matches, please consider trying NRA Action Pistol. The GSSF events were adapted from NRA Action Pistol matches (originally), and the style of shooting is very similar. NRA Action Pistols are held several times per year at Wildcat Valley. www.wvrpc.org

Top Bottom