• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Truckerman79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    McCordsville, IN
    I didn't find another thread about this so I went to Walmart this morning to find that Blazer Brass is now called Federal Champion.

It is still the same cheap ammo as it was before the name change. I almost didn't notice it in the ammo case. Good thing I did! :ar15:

Truckerman79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    McCordsville, IN
    I know that CCI Blazer is somehow owned by Federal. The price is also the same. It just has the Federal name now. Plus the knowledgeable Walmart associate told me so.

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    I know that CCI Blazer is somehow owned by Federal. The price is also the same. It just has the Federal name now. Plus the knowledgeable Walmart associate told me so.

This class is a classic example of an oxymoron......:D

He is right though I noticed the same thing at the Valpo Wally world.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Could be they have just started carrying the Federal stuff instead of Blazer Brass? Federal has had the "Champion" handgun line for quite some time; it's just been limited to niche calibers (.38S&W, .32H&R Mag, .44Spl, etc)... evidently that is changing.

bogus

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Columbus area
    Found some of this last week at Columbus Walmart. They are the same price but different SKU's. Looks like they have just started carrying the Champion in pistol ammo. I compared cartridges in .40 cal and they are exactly the same except "Federal" is stamped on the bottom instead of "Blazer". It will be interesting to see if they still sell both (side by side). Doubt it...

Last edited:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I wonder if American Eagle is still around, or if Federal has decided to incorporate it into their Champion brand?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Hard to think they would go to the trouble of dropping a name. It's already
    advertised and has a following why trash a performer?

A bargain at twice the price! :rolleyes:

True that!! Oh, I have a box of Legendary Winchester "Black Talon" in .45.

I will trade straight up for a late model Corvette (convertible RED preferred). :yesway: :)

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I bought 150 rounds of the Federal Champion stuff today myself, and was thinking that ultimately, Wal-Mart, with their buying power, probably wiped out the CCI Blazer Brass stock, as you may have noticed it hasn't been around Wal-Mart lately....

A few weeks ago, WWB was everywhere in Wal-Marts, and while it's still out there, the qty's aren't quite as great as they were..

I think it's just cyclical.

They're buying whatever they can from whomever they can whenever it's available....

mdroz3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2009
    Walkerton
    I was able to pick up a few boxex today form the Michigan City wal-mart. Looks the same as the blazer, just a different stamp.
    American eagle is still around although it is not as cheap as the Blazer.

Sweetums

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lake County
    I wish I could find Blazer handgun ammo up here at the Noblesville Wal-Mart.

Oops... Did I just say that?

I meant to say that I buy all my ammo from Bradis.

theyareontome.gif

mdemetz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    NW Elkhart Co.

Well, Alliant Techsystems owns CCI/Speer(Lawman ammo), Federal Premium, RCBS, Alliant(formerly Hercules)powder, Weaver and Ram-Line among others. And this is just their commerical division.

Top Bottom