• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    If you identify your target before you point a gun at it (like you always should) would you still point a gun at an LEO once you identified them as such?

yeah cause no cops ever used their uniforms to rob people. oh wait yeah they did, in indianapolis too

if you come in my house and your a cop, for one your waisting your time because theres nothing illegal here, and then im gonna sue the crap out of you when your done. If you do it during the middle of the night, where i cant IMMEDIATELY see a BADGE (not a jumpsuit) and a piece of paper held up in the air that says search warrant, then someone is probly getting shot, and i'll bet money im better or at least good enough. and if you shoot one of my pets or even harm one hair on my families head then i cant post what will happen.

who can even hear them yelling police after they throw flashbangs??? or see for that matter. if anyone has ever trained with diversionary devices or frags, you know what im talking about.

plus CRIMINALS and even CRIMINAL POLICE, have been known to bust into peoples houses acting like official business and then rob or kill them. look at the st. valentines day incident in the 20's for one, that just shows how far back it goes.

I live my life good and as a law abiding citizen, so if they came into my house im sure it would be a mistake. but it wouldnt be a good outcome, even if no one got hurt. but i would be rich, i know that.
    i pray this never happens to any innocent people, but we all know it has. i wouldnt even blame all the police, but damn thats a big mistake to make. a mistake that should NEVER happen.

Last edited:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    We have never experienced any problems with pets. Soon as the flash bang goes off .... they bug out and hide. I've even seen cats climb a walls. As far as getting the wrong address ... no excuses! A lot goes into a raid plan before you hit a home. We usually maintain constant surveillance on the house and verify the target is there or we have a VERY credible source. As far as grabbing the AK with a 75 rnd drum.... it will all be over with before the thought even came to mind. :draw:

Or so you think until you actually get inside. You have no idea what awaits beyond that door, and how big a pain it will be to get up those stairs in a hurry. :ar15:

Last edited:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    This thread is heating up. I like it :D

Anyone have a few claymores they wouldn't mind selling me?

If I HAD a claymore, I wouldn't tell anyone about it. They'd find out the hard way:D

I do think police get a bad rap. There are SEVERAL great cops out there. Its the small handful that give them a bad name. If a cop was to break down your door in the middle of the night, it would be 'cause YOU'RE the bad guy that deserves to be raped with a night stick.

I have a lot of respect for the police. So much, that I put in my application the other day to be a reserve. I hope I get called. This is something I've been wanting to do for a long time.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    If I HAD a claymore, I wouldn't tell anyone about it. They'd find out the hard way:D

I do think police get a bad rap. There are SEVERAL great cops out there. Its the small handful that give them a bad name. If a cop was to break down your door in the middle of the night, it would be 'cause YOU'RE the bad guy that deserves to be raped with a night stick.

I have a lot of respect for the police. So much, that I put in my application the other day to be a reserve. I hope I get called. This is something I've been wanting to do for a long time.

This isn't a matter of respect for police. It's a matter of them heavily over-using para-military tactics, to the extent that it can be reckless. It's cool and all to play dress up, but dynamic entries should be reserved for extreme circumstances.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    This thread is heating up. I like it :D

Anyone have a few claymores they wouldn't mind selling me?

That's why smart LE will take a suspect who is expecting trouble outside the home and not on their home territory where the possibility of running into a "go to hell" is high. It's also fortunate for the average CIRT/SWAT that most of the people they encounter under no-knock situations aren't exactly the brightest crayons in the box.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    This isn't a matter of respect for police. It's a matter of them heavily over-using para-military tactics, to the extent that it can be reckless. It's cool and all to play dress up, but dynamic entries should be reserved for extreme circumstances.

That's what I meant. I can only see this happening if YOU were the bad guy. A drug dealer, child molester type of guy.

zebov

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    That's what I meant. I can only see this happening if YOU were the bad guy. A drug dealer, child molester type of guy.

Except that mistakes do happen. I remember reading on INGO a few months ago about a guy who had just recently moved, the police were executing a warrant on him and went to his old house. The did a no-knock entry and freaked the new homeowners out quite a bit.

THAT is my worry--that there will be some sort of weird mistake like this and I and perhaps others will end up dead for no reason.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

That assumes they ALWAYS have good information, and NEVER hit the wrong house. I recommend doing a google search for news stories about the police hitting the wrong house. Or doing a dynamic entry based solely on the word of a confidential informant that lied to them. That happens. Most police officers are not retards, and do their best to do the job right. Some others, on the other hand, cut corners and do shoddy prep work for these things.

Now, if you'll all excuse me, I have to go make some buffalo wings and drink some beer.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

PERFECTLY SAID SIR!!! I would NEVER want to harm or see harmed an LEO that is trying to protect citizens.

these para military tactics that police are learning, are REDICULOUS and out of place and in my opinion un-constitutional. they dress, talk, train, act, operate, like military but they get to bypass the constitutional measures that deal with the military on U.S. soil, because "technically" they are civilian law enforcement. our govt wants a police state, and they will make sure it comes and gets worse. good officers will become the minority and eventualy they will go along with the program, or they will be out of a job. the only thing that will decide if they stay or go will be how much they love the constitution. all officers will be "conditioned" to believe they are on "the right side" and doing their duty, even though they wont be. this is already seen in some parts of the country. it will not get better unless good citizens stand up and start petitioning lawmakers for a change. and if that does'nt work, well then ......... look at history i guess.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    If a cop was to break down your door in the middle of the night, it would be 'cause YOU'RE the bad guy that deserves to be raped with a night stick.

You sound like the kind of cop we need more of! :rolleyes:

Vasili

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2010
    Indiana
    Proving the homeowner acted in good faith is going to be REEEALLY hard to prove in today's courts.

But, YOU have to live in order to live with the consequences.

Castle Doctrine.

Someone enters as the original poster says, especially if they breech, they're getting 00 buckshot to the head unless they're a quicker shot. I'm not going to wind up like the guy whose house accidentally got raided and shot in the head with his wife killed. Not a chance. You don't IMMEDIATELY identify yourself when you break in my home in the dead of night and I'll be going to court in shackles gladly.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    its not the police job to determine who the bad guys are. its the courts. so ALL people who are being arrested should be treated the same, with courtessy, unless they resist. no raping with nightsticks or asp, lol.

i cant see why police risk the liability or danger of going into a persons dwelling. wait till they are mobile. i hate this "we have to do it now" mentality. now a hostage situation is different, but if that happens, STAY AWAY local SWAT!!! I want the FBI team coming in!!! Best LE SWAT team in the country!!!! and where did they get trained??? Ft. Benning, by Rangers!!!

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I also said the police was breaking in like that in the middle of the night, it would probably be because you're a drug dealer or a child molester. Someone who DESERVES to be, well, you know.

I never said if I was a cop, I would actually do that.

Vasili

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2010
    Indiana
    PERFECTLY SAID SIR!!! I would NEVER want to harm or see harmed an LEO that is trying to protect citizens.

these para military tactics that police are learning, are REDICULOUS and out of place and in my opinion un-constitutional. they dress, talk, train, act, operate, like military but they get to bypass the constitutional measures that deal with the military on U.S. soil, because "technically" they are civilian law enforcement. our govt wants a police state, and they will make sure it comes and gets worse. good officers will become the minority and eventualy they will go along with the program, or they will be out of a job. the only thing that will decide if they stay or go will be how much they love the constitution. all officers will be "conditioned" to believe they are on "the right side" and doing their duty, even though they wont be. this is already seen in some parts of the country. it will not get better unless good citizens stand up and start petitioning lawmakers for a change. and if that does'nt work, well then ......... look at history i guess.

I can respect them doing their jobs.
    But as a law abiding citizen, none of this flies high with me.
    If I ever did do something wrong, they know where to find me, I'm not going to hide out. I'll be on the couch watching some ESPN or eating some steak outside. I guess some bad guys would hide hence the no-knock, but coming in to sweep and clear my house isn't the best way to ensure a non confrontational ending. Seems like this overkill is designed for the latter half of that word: killing. British police wound up with what a seven hour stalemate the other day with that one psycho. Shoulda taken him down quick, they knew the guy did it and still ducked around on him, then let him blow his own brains out. Things need to go a step up from that but a step down from where they're at here, sweeping average people's houses with FAs and flash bangs.

Top Bottom