• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    I currently just use my Glock 27 as my night stand gun but was thinking about switching it up to something with a light mounted to it. That got me thinking about maybe having some kind of rifle/shotgun instead. What do you use or do you not have one out? Pictures would be cool, I'd post a picture of my Glock but….. Yawn

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    Do you have to turn that light on manually or is there a pressure pad somewhere? Thats kinda what I was thinking about doing. GLock has a light that fits my 30sf I was thinking about

Cuttingedge

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Jun 10, 2014
    South
    Currently do not have a "night stand gun". ATLEAST nothing I would trust my or my families lives with. (.22's mainly) however My wife keeps her charter arms lavender lady on hers. Never gave it a whole lot of thought until now but that's kinda emasculating.

Archerguy1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Alexandria Indiana
    My G27 lays on the night stand at night but if I heard the door being kicked in I would go for the Mossberg 500 20 ga with 000 buck shot loaded in it, and even though a 1911 works good to only shoot once I want the bad guy to see the bottoms of his shoes attached to his legs laying next to him

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    If you like the 27 I'd try a full size Glock 22 as a house gun. You can put a light on it and have 15 rounds. If you don't want full size you can get a Glock 23. You can still put a light on it and have 13 rounds.

Cuttingedge

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Jun 10, 2014
    South
    I owned. One glock in my life. A 32c. Bought it solely for the .357 sig round. Had every intention as a " nightstand/carry" gun but got talked into selling it because it was the C model and the barrel was cut. Was told in a real world situation, the LAST thing I would want is to hold the gun even slightly pulled in and all the fire go in my face. Looking back, I think the guy just happened to like it more than me. I did like the glock but I loved the sig round. Do many people use it as PP or home protection? Or do they drop the .40 barrel in?

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    even though a 1911 works good to only shoot once I want the bad guy to see the bottoms of his shoes attached to his legs laying next to him

I'd suggest a .50 Beowulf AR and learning to aim for the waist.

Back to the topic at hand:My HD gun is which ever one I can get hands on first.I have a fairly small collection which allows me to learn each one intimately.Ideally,I'd grab my Hi Point 4595 because it allows me to have the .45 round with less noise and less flash.Not to mention that I'm dead nuts accurate with the irons on that thing for some reason.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    I wondered the same thing.

Im guessing the thought process is that if they go behind a wall or other barrier you are more likely to reach them. I would have to say that my Pdx1 is going to go though the wall and still sting a bit though too.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Im guessing the thought process is that if they go behind a wall or other barrier you are more likely to reach them. I would have to say that my Pdx1 is going to go though the wall and still sting a bit though too.

Yes you're right. Your PDX1 is bonded and all you need for self defense. There isn't any need to mix bullets.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I keep my 686 and a speedloader in the nightstand drawer with the drawer open a couple of inches. I also have a flashlight in the drawer. I keep the cord to the flashlight hanging out of the drawer so it's easy to grab and I don't have to fumble. My light has hi, low, and strobe.

Top Bottom