• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scottiedog422

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Tippecanoe, Indiana
    I have recently purchased a new carry piece and am in a "delay" at the FFL. I have never had a criminal conviction, have purchased 6 firearms within the last 12 months and just (3/11) recieved my lifetime LTCH. How many others have gotten a delayed response recently? If it happens a again this year I plan on getting a UPIN.

jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    I assume you mean NICS, and not the hit prime time TV show.

I wouldn't worry too much. My FFL gets delayed anytime he tries to buy something for himself.

LastShot123

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 31, 2015
    Hamilton County
    Just happened to a family member of mine yesterday who has also purchased multiple firearms this year, has a lifetime ltch, and a clean record. He said he had never been delayed before.

EricG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2013
    NWI
    I got delayed on my last two purchases. I was unaware why until I applied for employment with a company that does an extensive background check. I got a copy and found out a guy with the same exact name AND get this, same exact birthday is a career criminal out in South Carolina.

My delays only last about 48 hours before they clear me and I get that phone call to come pick up my gun. I am assuming that would be the amount of time the feds take to further make sure I am ME and that prick out in SC isnt trying to pull a fast one.

I am considering getting a UPIN myself.

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    I get delayed every time. Sometimes a day or so later I get approved and sometimes I have to wait three days.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    Better hope you don't get denied, because now there is no way to fight it.

Thought there was an appeal process that's on "hold",

Obama transfered all the agents doing appeals
    to regular NICS to speed up the over-whelming volume of gun sales.:rolleyes: :rockwoot:

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    "Thought there was an appeal process thats on hold" Exactly no way to appeal right now so you're basically screwed if you get a denial. Hopefully its only a short time, but my feelings with the current administration it is being purposefully being done

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    "Thought there was an appeal process thats on hold" Exactly no way to appeal right now so you're basically screwed if you get a denial. Hopefully its only a short time, but my feelings with the current administration it is being purposefully being done

I know someone who is in the process of getting a UPIN, he's been waiting for about 7 months. He's never been in any trouble, just shares the same name with a hood rat with a long list

The system is just backlogged all to hell and they're trying to catch up. People entering information in wrong, county not working with state not working with federal, there's a ton of reasons why the wait is so long and why some people mistakenly get denied. It'll be back up again sometime

Top Bottom