• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • .452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I was wondering if anyone can give me any help on figuring out exactly what kind of walther pp i have. i have many firearms my grandfather brought back from world war 2 and i have done deep research on all but one because it was not in my possession and after many years finally convinced my uncle to return it to the rest of the handguns. but this one is giving me some trouble.

here is what i know for sure.

1. Walther PP 7.62mm
    2. 200k-300k serial number range with a P suffix
    3. Nickel plated with very ellaborate engraving on slide and frame, including trigger and backstrap, safety, and magazine buttplate.
    4. Plastic grips but ivory in color
    5. No approval stamps of any kind i can find on the barrel or slide.
    6. (Waffenfabriken Walther Zella-Mehlis (Thur) Mod. PP

Anyone know a website i can find out more info about this beautiful piece of german machinery?

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I was wondering if anyone can give me any help on figuring out exactly what kind of walther pp i have. i have many firearms my grandfather brought back from world war 2 and i have done deep research on all but one because it was not in my possession and after many years finally convinced my uncle to return it to the rest of the handguns. but this one is giving me some trouble.

here is what i know for sure.

1. Walther PP 7.62mm
    2. 200k-300k serial number range with a P suffix
    3. Nickel plated with very ellaborate engraving on slide and frame, including trigger and backstrap, safety, and magazine buttplate.
    4. Plastic grips but ivory in color
    5. No approval stamps of any kind i can find on the barrel or slide.
    6. (Waffenfabriken Walther Zella-Mehlis (Thur) Mod. PP

Anyone know a website i can find out more info about this beautiful piece of german machinery?

appologies its 7.65mm.....typo on my part

xdmstu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Lower NE Indy
    Nope. Sounds like a total piece of junk. Probably a fake. I'll send you my address and you can go ahead and send it to me for disposal.

:nuts:

Best of luck finding out. Sounds like a very fine firearm. How about posting a picture or two?

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    :postpics:

I have a Walther book I'll try to find out if it's in there. Sounds like a Promotional or Ceremonial piece.

Top Bottom