• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DBH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Carmel
    Just was listening to the Carl Brizzi Crimebeat show and a caller plugged the forum in good and positive light.

Kudos to the caller

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    Ha, you beat me to it. I was listening to CRIMEBEAT on the way home and heard the same thing. Carl Brizzi kind of surprised me, though, because he was speaking so favorably of gun ownership in general. He even made the comment that he was going to need to apply for the LTCH in 2011. I posted the INGunOwners web address over there on Brizzi's Facebook page for anyone who wants to check us out.

Kudos to the caller for the plug!!!:rockwoot:

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    That was me. I was just coming back from the Muncie show and heard some misinformation on the open phones portion and decided to call in. He also said he was going to post a link to INGO on his Facebook page.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Why does he have to wait until 2011?

He made the comment that he was considered LEO since he is a prosecutor and is exempt as of now, but at the end of his term his LEO status would be droppped and would need a LTCH.

He also made a comment to a caller that transporting a firearm in their vehicle with out a LTCH was a no-no :nono: and an arrest would happen.

This was after a caller told him the LEO's told him it was legal to do so, he then said that even though they said there was no problem, all it would take, would be the officer that KNOWS the law to pull him over and arrest him.

And yes to any on that would like to here his pod cast off of WIBC, here is the link.

Indy's News Center - 93.1 WIBC Indianapolis - Live. Local. First, Crime Beat with Carl Brizzi.

Last edited:

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    He made the comment that he was considered LEO since he is a prosecutor and is exempt as of now, but at the end of his term his LEO status would be droppped and would need a LTCH.

He also made a comment to a caller that transporting a firearm in their vehicle was a no-no :nono: and an arrest would happen.

This was after a caller told him the LEO's told him it was legal to do so, he then said that even though they said there was no problem, all it would take, would be the officer that KNOWS the law to pull him over and arrest him.

And yes to any on that would like to here his pod cast off of WIBC, here is the link.

Indy's News Center - 93.1 WIBC Indianapolis - Live. Local. First, Crime Beat with Carl Brizzi.

Correct, his term as Marion County prosecutor is up this year so if he wanted to carry a gun, he would need the LTCH. We need to find the audio of CRIMEBEAT because I heard it a little differently than you. :):

Ooops! Your link already has the audio of today's show.

Last edited:

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    That was me. I was just coming back from the Muncie show and heard some misinformation on the open phones portion and decided to call in. He also said he was going to post a link to INGO on his Facebook page.

Brizzi's Facebook page only mentioned that you had called in stating that an Indiana gun forum was a good source of information. This why I went ahead and posted the exact web address in the "comment" section. A one-two punch for anyone who heard you plugging INGunOwners and wanted to exactly where to go on the Internet.

Thanks for taking the time to call in! I literally let out a cheer in my car when I heard you mention the forum over the air!:):

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Correct, his term as Marion County prosecutor is up this year so if he wanted to carry a gun, he would need the LTCH. We need to find the audio of CRIMEBEAT because I heard it a little differently than you. :):

Bobby,

I also had the show tuned in on my way home from the range. I thought I heard what you did. He was talking about how to transport in a car without a LTCH and made it seem OK with out the LTCH.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Cool! Thanks for helping to get the word out :ingo:

Brizzi's Facebook page only mentioned that you had called in stating that an Indiana gun forum was a good source of information. This why I went ahead and posted the exact web address in the "comment" section. A one-two punch for anyone who heard you plugging INGunOwners and wanted to exactly where to go on the Internet.

Thanks for taking the time to call in! I literally let out a cheer in my car when I heard you mention the forum over the air!:):

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    Bobby,

I also had the show tuned in on my way home from the range. I thought I heard what you did. He was talking about how to transport in a car without a LTCH and made it seem OK with out the LTCH.

Yes, this is why I noticed Brizzi talking about it because it runs contrary to what I believed to be the case. Correct me if I am wrong but Carl Brizzi stated to one caller that as long as it was in a locked trunk and kept separate from the driver, it was ok to take it back and forth to the shooting range without a license. Yet, another caller after that offered an apology for bringing up the subject again and recommended that the person Brizzi was referring get at least the target license because while most police officers won't have an issue with it, why take the chance? Brizzi agreed with him. For a law enforcement officer, I thought it funny that Brizzi not only hadn't even heard of the target license, he also got the price of getting the lifetime LTCH wrong. Oh well, not everyone's perfect!:):

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    That's what happened.

Yes, this is why I noticed Brizzi talking about it because it runs contrary to what I believed to be the case. Correct me if I am wrong but Carl Brizzi stated to one caller that as long as it was in a locked trunk and kept separate from the driver, it was ok to take it back and forth to the shooting range without a license. Yet, another caller after that offered an apology for bringing up the subject again and recommended that the person Brizzi was referring get at least the target license because while most police officers won't have an issue with it, why take the chance? Brizzi agreed with him. For a law enforcement officer, I thought it funny that Brizzi not only hadn't even heard of the target license, he also got the price of getting the lifetime LTCH wrong. Oh well, not everyone's perfect!:):

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

Bobby,

Sorry guys heard it wrong, was in the shower at the time.

Top Bottom