• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Since I turned 18 almost 4.5 years ago I started owning handguns, I've had some Rugers, a Springer 1911, and my 3rd Gen Smith. I did a training course last year with some gentlemen from the local Sheriff Dept. It was there that I realized that although my Smith is a great gun, it hindered my ability to quickly draw and engage a threat. The forward flipping safety is the major draw back for me on that platform. Even though I have not had any issues with the functioning itself it is the safety that I strongly dislike in the gun. It was shortly after that course that I started looking at new guns and shooting the different varieties that are on the market. After shooting and fondling different frame sizes and brands I have settled on the G19. Tonight I am parting ways with my two good friends Mr. Smith and Mr. Wesson. This will help me to afford a new member to my family. This decision is made solely on the basis of what will provide me with the most effective tool to defend myself and my family. My local shop, ZX Gun, has a good price on Gen 3 19s at $485. They are closed this weekend due to the 1500. This will be a bittersweet moment (:( ) tonight but also realize my priorities and the gun may suit someone better than I. So, on Tuesday, I take the leap and join the empire. :rockwoot:

Hajisc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   1
    Oct 11, 2012
    Westville,In.
    I shot a G19 for 5-6 years and really liked it. Bought a G26 to replace it and am now looking to get another 19 because I miss it so much. Just always felt JUST RIGHT. Good luck with yours.

HalfCocked

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    well in the last 40 years I've been very lucky to own many different handguns. I've always been an anything but Glock guy. BUT recently I shoot a gen 3 19 and must admit, I really really liked it. So maybe I'll see you over there on the dark side, soon....

Sgt.Striker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    i have a few handguns and i think they all have their good points. but if i knew i was goin out to meet trouble and i could only take one, it would be the g19 and as many mags as i can stuff in my pockets:rockwoot:she's not made for looks she's made for shooting EVERY damn time, and she does it well

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Each of us are built and wired a bit different. What I like may not fit you. It is a good thing you have done the required research to find a good fit in a handgun. So many will struggle along with something that is not correct for them. I am not a Glock-aholic but respect the platform. If this is the one....enjoy.

__Doc_

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Henry Co
    @jmiller676, Im sorry about your loss and im more sorry about your decision.
    I hope you don't regret marrying this glock woman and I hope she makes you happy. Do you think shes prettier than S&W? is she thinner? younger?

sidenote. What model S&W and why do you use a safety? If you had the same model without safety, wouldnt you prefer that?

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    @jmiller676, Im sorry about your loss and im more sorry about your decision.
    I hope you don't regret marrying this glock woman and I hope she makes you happy. Do you think shes prettier than S&W? is she thinner? younger?

sidenote. What model S&W and why do you use a safety? If you had the same model without safety, wouldnt you prefer that?

It's a 6904, it has to have the safety on to be carried (loaded) safely.

Thinner? not really
    Younger? yep
    Prettier? actually uglier ;)

SubicWarrior1988

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    central
    Since I turned 18 almost 4.5 years ago I started owning handguns, I've had some Rugers, a Springer 1911, and my 3rd Gen Smith. I did a training course last year with some gentlemen from the local Sheriff Dept. It was there that I realized that although my Smith is a great gun, it hindered my ability to quickly draw and engage a threat. The forward flipping safety is the major draw back for me on that platform. Even though I have not had any issues with the functioning itself it is the safety that I strongly dislike in the gun. It was shortly after that course that I started looking at new guns and shooting the different varieties that are on the market. After shooting and fondling different frame sizes and brands I have settled on the G19. Tonight I am parting ways with my two good friends Mr. Smith and Mr. Wesson. This will help me to afford a new member to my family. This decision is made solely on the basis of what will provide me with the most effective tool to defend myself and my family. My local shop, ZX Gun, has a good price on Gen 3 19s at $485. They are closed this weekend due to the 1500. This will be a bittersweet moment (:( ) tonight but also realize my priorities and the gun may suit someone better than I. So, on Tuesday, I take the leap and join the empire. :rockwoot:

Great call, The Glock is one of the most utilized service pistols with a proven track record of reliability when you need it most. You have made a very intelligent decision. 15+1, world class reliability, easy to clean, will function in terrible conditions.

A Glock is not a woman, it is a tool. A tool that you can use to save your life under the worst of circumstances, congratulations.

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    101   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    Correct me if I'm wrong J, but I thought I spotted a Glock on your hip during our ftf deal we conducted this summer? ;) Or did I mis identify the handgun? It was hard to see underneth your shirt. Oh I'm just giving you a hard time, it was probably the smith and wesson?

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    A few weeks ago I had a chance to take a relatively new Ingo member to my range and introduce her to 4 of my Glocks. She shot the g26, 27, 23 and 30. She had no trouble racking the slide and finally decided she liked the 23 best of all. Consequently she bought a Gen 4 23 (.40 cal) and I got a chance to shoot it yesterday with her. I love my gen 3 23 but I must say the trigger on hers was very nice. If you like the g19 you might also look at the 23.

Blackdog765

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    I recently bought my G19 g4 for many of these same reasons. I was wanting something reliable that I knew would work under any circumstance, and I didn't have to worry if it got dirty or scuffed while working outside.

I have found it surprisingly concealable compared to my first impression of it being a larger gun, compared to guns like the Nano. And I've found it extremely accurate and fun to shoot. As a former Glock-hater, I have surprised myself in becoming a Glock fan.

I think you will like it a lot. And don't overlook the Glock Sport Holster for $15. I have one and followed the "spray with silicone" recommendations and it's worked beautifully for me.

Welcome to Glock.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    The wife and I really like our Gen II Glock pistols! After looking at and considering several different manufacturer's...Glock just fit us better!

I've owned several different pistols in several different calibers...Beretta (wife's .380 acp), Kahr PM9, Smith & Wesson 4516, etc...but the Glocks were just a good fit for us!

You made a good choice...welcome to the dark side!

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Correct me if I'm wrong J, but I thought I spotted a Glock on your hip during our ftf deal we conducted this summer? ;) Or did I mis identify the handgun? It was hard to see underneth your shirt. Oh I'm just giving you a hard time, it was probably the smith and wesson?

It was my Smith, I flash and I'm proud if it. :):

Top Bottom