• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • heavyhitter1k

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Got my Sig P2022 9mm earlier this year and love it! I also picked up a nice solid belt and a Daltech Force Safest Carry Holster. Love the holster for simplicity, but I am looking for another one or two options.

Looking for something with active retention (Like the blackhawk) for when I ride motorcycles and want the added security and peace of mind that my firearm is not going anywhere. Is blackhawk a good option or are there better ones?

Also looking for a good IWB. Buddy picked up a galco IWB and it looks decent, but just lookin for better options. Im a bigger guy so I can hide the gun decent, but I still need comfort (as much as can be lol) while concealing it well.

Just looking for a few good options on either end. Price is always a concern BUT if it's going to be on me for 8-12 hours a day, money is well spent for some a decent rig.

Thanks

Thrown Hammer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2013
    Northern
    For IWB look at Remora. They run about $30. They are clipless, so you just tuck them and go. I carry a Taurus PT92 in one and it doesn't move. I can jump up and down, and it just stays put. I was skeptical at first, but they really work.

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    I've tried various IWBs over the years but they all share one common flaw for me - they are PAINFUL. Hurts like hell. Of course that could be because I am fat and squishy right where such a holster sits! So its been OWBs for me since I started carrying 20 some odd years ago. I do have to dress around it and that aint always pleasant in the Summer time but I look at it as the cost of security.

bob190e

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2010
    Valparaiso
    Get a holster that does both OWB to IWB. For example the Raven Concealment Phantom Holster comes ready for OWB, but under the accessories link on their webpage you can buy soft loops to conver the same holster into IWB. Im sure other holster makes do the same thing but I use Raven as an example because they are my favorite.

heavyhitter1k

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    SO do most of you carry IWB? Im just debating WHICH to get first, IWB or OWB. I ride a motorcycle alot, so I would also be getting a retention holster OWB very shortly just didn't know if you think I would get more use out of a IWB or OWB for daily carry...

fnl388w

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Gary
    I have a multiple holsters for my SP2022. I ALWAYS end up going with the OWB, my high-rise DeSantis. I am have a smaller frame and the Sig 2022 is, imo, just too large to be concealed inside the belt. Plus, it hurts after an all-day carry. If you want something IWB, i would suggest get a slim, small frame pistol and use a clip-draw. (Kahr, KelTec, etc.) Clipdraw? For Secure Carry Without a Holster

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I carry IWB occasionally, but prefer OWB for comfort. IWB never feels as good as OWB when you have a good holster and belt and it conceals almost as well. I looked at the Raven holsters at the last 1500 and liked them a lot, except for the price. By the time you buy the additional clips to switch between OWB and IWB, you are pushing close to the $100 mark (IIRC) which is a whole lot of money for what it is. I don't mind spending decent money on a good holster, but I'd rather put that money and just a bit more for a Kramer Scabbard in horsehide.

Indysteel

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    Southport
    I put in an order a couple weeks ago to Sentry Gunleather for a couple of OWB holsters. I picked the Raptor version. He didn't have the blue guns for my guns (P226 and P238) but he went ahead and purchased the blue guns to get my holsters. Hopefully will have pictures soon.

Sentry Gunleather

IrishSon of Liberty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    For IWB, I really like my Crossbreed Supertuck. I also know someone that carries a Kimber in a Supertuck when riding his Harley and seems very content with retention.

For OWB, give Crazy Bear Leather a look. Scott is in the Noblesville area, attends.many shows, and does fantastic quality custom work. I've had one for almost a year now, and I absolutely love it. Very stiff, took awhile to really break it in, and it still gets.better every time I use it.

Regardless of which route you take, the belt you choose is the most important piece.

Top Bottom