• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I'm really wanting a heavy barreled Savage .223 bolt action, with a nice set of optics. However with the price of ammo, stocking up on .223 is out of my limits right now. Not to mention the rifle and optics would put me over a grand +. It will have to be put on hold for now. I'm also looking at a heavy barreled Savage .22MWR, toped with a Bushnell Banner 4x16x40 scope. I already have a Savage MKIIFV in 22LR.

I have been more then pleased with that rifle and setup. I'm also pondering a 10/22 tactical, toped with a Bushnell Banner 3x9x40. Same scope that I have on my Savage. I have heard great things about them, and they are supposed to be highly accurate. I have also looked online at a heavy barreled Savage semi-auto, but can not recall the model. I have not talked with anyone that has owned a semi-auto Savage. So I know nothing about them. Then I was thinking maybe another Remington 597, toped with a red dot scope. The one I did own was quit accurate, with a 40mm red dot sitting on top.

I'm also wanting a compact 9mm, or .40 pistol. I'm wanting it mainly for summer carry, and when I need to conceal carry. So far the two that have really caught my attention is the Ruger SR9c, and the M&Pc. I have shot my Dads M&P, but have no trigger time with the SR9. I'm thinking of putting it off until next Spring. We do not have really much more time before fall arrives anyways. My Xd .40 is my main carry gun right now. I'm about to order a Bladetec shooters pack for my FNP 9. I will then use it as my main carry gun.

Gun ownership is a disease. :D The more you buy, the more you want to buy. Not to mention all the choices out there, it makes it really tough to decide what to get next. Why the liberals are spending their money on.., whatever they spend their money on. Us gun owning Patriots are stocking up on guns, ammo, and gear. Thank God we live in the good ole U.S.A. :patriot:

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I wanted a Savage bolt action .223....so last weekend I bought a Savage Edge for $289.00+tax it doesn't have a heavy barrel, but the price was right.
    Scope bases were $8.00 for a pair.
    I bought high mount scope rings from Natchez shooters supply for $4.00
    I also bought a refurbished BSA 3x-9x-50mm scope from Natchez $19.95
    The whole set-up works perfectly. Cabelas has Tula .223 ammo for $3.79 for 20 rounds.
    I shot it today...dialed it in at 25yds....then 50yds...I was going to shoot 100 and 200yds but it was too hot out.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Interesting to see other people are looking at a savage heavy barrel in .223 like me with a scope. Looking and finding are two different things.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I hope that whatever you decide you want you don't compromise but save up for what you really want. All to often I have seen people buy a firearm simply because they can afford it right then istead of waiting a few months and saving up for what they really want. They never really seem happy with the compromise firearm. The only exception I could imagine would be someone who lost all their firearms (fire, theft, whatever) and needed a firearm for SD/HD now. If you want a 110 heavy barrel save up...you will be happier in the long run.

Duce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Delaware County
    Think about the heavy barrel thing some. While they do have an edge in accuracy, they also are hard to carry and aren't balanced very well. If you're not into long strings of shots from the bench many times a standard barrel will serve you just as well....Food For Thought....:@ya:...Duce<><

Top Bottom