• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Paper in indy tried that with conceal carry license holders a year or so back, caused the state lawmakers to pass legislation to seal the info. I love indiana.

Yellowjeep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    Ft wayne
    I want to see the crime rate in a year comparing the people on this list and those not on the list. You know bad guys wont pick on the people who can defend themselves.How about a list of people that live off the government. Or a list of all the gay people. I bet they would throw a fit on a list like that.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Personally, I think the media did the people a favor, however misguided. Many criminals will not invade any property that they know contain armed citizens. They normally will invade soft targets, elderly, women that cannot defend themselves. As a previously poster has stated, I would like to see the stats on the crime rate involving the listed persons vs the crime rate in the same neighborhoods commuted against those that are not known to be armed.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    On one hand it tells the criminal where to find guns if he needs one. On the other hand it tells the criminal where to find easier targets who don't have guns in the home. If you write a comment on the news article, be sure to write about "Thanks for telling the criminals which homes NOT to burglarize, and which ones are safer for the criminal to perform home invasions, burglary, etc.

TheUziButton

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    ...and just to be fair, here is the home address of the NY Journal columnist who released the names and home addresses of residents with gun permits…

268147_436531749749789_1934802864_n.jpg

Gino66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    SWIN
    YEAH, for the common sense lovers! I read in the article there are women who are in protection programs, from violent or abusive relationships.....that are now published! There has to be civil recourse for these people against this publishing bastard.....what are the odds a conservative, gun-loving attorney with a passion for civil rights is available to help? Hopefully, they are well versed in the use of their guns, should the perps come calling.....I LOVE THE IDEA OF POSTING THE VIOLENT FELONS INFO ALSO

DocEd

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Evansville
    Saw in an email where someone took a map and marked all the employees addresses from the new York paper in addition to the guys house already mentioned. I don't even understand what this ahole was trying to accomplish.

Scratcher

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 11, 2012
    In a house
    Paper in indy tried that with conceal carry license holders a year or so back, caused the state lawmakers to pass legislation to seal the info. I love indiana.
    They would have had a hard time trying to find any names since there is no register of conceal carry permit holders in Indiana

mrfjones

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Chico
    Saw in an email where someone took a map and marked all the employees addresses from the new York paper in addition to the guys house already mentioned. I don't even understand what this ahole was trying to accomplish.

I saw that too and really thought they went to far with that, it listed kids of the newspapers employees, down to the guy that schedules the deliveries. I would be happy to publish the guys address that wrote the story, or the editor that gave the thumbs up but we do need to remember to take a high road with this fight or we won't win.

I think any one of those women that were in some sort of protective status should sue this idot and the paper for all they're worth. Make up for having to move, move kids, etc. I hope they all find some place safe.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    I think any one of those women that were in some sort of protective status should sue this idot and the paper for all they're worth. Make up for having to move, move kids, etc. I hope they all find some place safe.

You can't sue someone for releasing public information. Well, I guess you can, but you won't win.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I saw that too and really thought they went to far with that, it listed kids of the newspapers employees, down to the guy that schedules the deliveries. I would be happy to publish the guys address that wrote the story, or the editor that gave the thumbs up but we do need to remember to take a high road with this fight or we won't win.

You're going to have to hit the anti's hard or they're not going to care. When do they ever take the high road? Taking the high road so far with the Newtown shooting as done nothing except let the anti's dominate the news and put forward their agenda.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Editor’s note: Journal News reporter Dwight R. Worley owns a Smith & Wesson 686 .357 Magnum and has had a residence permit in New York City for that weapon since February 2011.
    Well isn't THAT nice? And his address please? How about other newspaper staff, armed or no?

'Splain to us again how publishing a list of registered gun owners prevents this:

What was equally shocking for some was the revelation that the mentally disturbed 77-year-old man had amassed a cache of weapons — including two unregistered handguns and a large amount of ammunition — without any neighbors knowing.
    Or Sandy Hook, for that matter...

Top Bottom