• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    I was all over Indy that night. The first shots I heard were by 29th & Rural around 2200. After that I pulled off under an overpass. I saw no bullet damage though.

Glock_Man_21

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Avon
    I am going out on a limb here, but wouldn't think a bullet fired straight in the air would do that much damage when it landed. After all, it would fall at terminal velocity and has a fairly small mass. I'm sure I am dead wrong since physics class was about 10 years ago. My point being, are you sure someone didn't fire at the vehicles, especially being located near Lafayette and 38t?

Where the one car was they would have to of shot thru the building and another car to go thru the windshield.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    If it is either way of 90* it can gain trajectory and become lethal.

Maybe I'm wrong on the physics, but bullets LOSE horizontal velocity, not gain it. Their vertical drop accelerates them at the speed of gravity in the downward direction. If you drop a bullet and shoot a bullet horizontal they will hit the ground at the same time if no change in elevation. Their horizontal velocity slows due to numerous factors (wind, impacts, humidity, etc...). Maybe the "gain trajectory" part I'm not understanding the reasoning behind.

Still wouldn't want to be standing under one though.

jason765

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    Can't say that I have ever fired into the air, but I would go out on a limb and say that Im sure many people dont shoot straight up. Probably just high enough to not hit the liquor store or EZ Pawn. These shots will not slow down to terminal velocity and are most likely traveling at deadly speeds when they find their unintended target.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I was working that night and me and my partner had to go out on multiple calls. Gotta love working on 42nd and Post Road :D Always action over here
    I'll assume you are IMPD. Feel sorry for you guys on New Years Eve. I called one NYE because the guy next to me was shooting his AK just over the roof tops. Dispatcher told me to call back if some one got hurt. That they just had too many to Investigate. Can't believe he did not hurt anyone at the angle he was shooting. Those bullets would have surely had enough energy to do some damage where ever they landed!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'll assume you are IMPD. Feel sorry for you guys on New Years Eve. I called one NYE because the guy next to me was shooting his AK just over the roof tops. Dispatcher told me to call back if some one got hurt. That they just had too many to Investigate. Can't believe he did not hurt anyone at the angle he was shooting. Those bullets would have surely had enough energy to do some damage where ever they landed!

Shoot back.....:n00b:

I live near the area mentioned and it sounded like a war zone. To many drunken idiots with guns.

762Mike

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    I was not home on NYE this year, but in the past there has always been plenty of rapid fire handgun action. Usually you can hear them empty a mag as fast as they can, followed by a short pause (mag change) then unload another one. So far nothing of mine has taken damage thankfully. I live in a populated area, so I am hoping that they are firing into dirt and not into the air. Would be nice if they'd just go buy some fireworks instead.

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN

Not IMPD actually. I work armed security patrols in that neighborhood that team up with IMPD. So kinda yes....and kinda no. We were actually at the seen of the shooting of the IMPD officer a few weeks ago. Its not a very nice area but someones gotta try to keep it safe lol. There are alot of idiots over there. More liquor stores then food places it seems like.

Indyvet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    I worked at Thomson Electronics at Sherman and Michigan ave's several years back. After New Years we would walk the roof and find bullets laying everywhere. I also worked a couple of New Years Eves and was told to stay in the building unless it was on fire and even then think twice before going out in the open if it was close to midnight til about 2 in the morning. It sounded like a war zone over there. I just can not believe that people are that stupid but they are. Kinda suprised that more people are not injured or killed.

eblevins

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    east side indy

I worked at a facility in Indy. when we would do the roof inspections in the spring we would find a dozen or so bullets that landed on them.

jd42k

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    Nothing really strange that night except the next day all the blown up beer cans we shot at cause they were too skanky to drink. I must say we made quite a mess in the back yard.

jason765

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    Not IMPD actually. I work armed security patrols in that neighborhood that team up with IMPD. So kinda yes....and kinda no. We were actually at the seen of the shooting of the IMPD officer a few weeks ago. Its not a very nice area but someones gotta try to keep it safe lol. There are alot of idiots over there. More liquor stores then food places it seems like.
    Do you also go by the name Gecko45?:D

Top Bottom