• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock_Man_21

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Avon
    Anyone else have any bullet damage from all the idiots firing their guns into the air? At work we have found 3 cars on our lot with bullet damage, one a hole thru the windshield. Plus I have found numerous bullets in the lot, 6 so far mostly 9mm.

Eric70

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    Covington
    I can't believe people just fire into the air in a big city. I live out in the country and would still never just fire into the air.

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    I work in Dolton Illinois...we have huge silos that get shot at.
    Maintenance guys find bullets on the ground all the time.

Makes me feel safe walking around out there....idiots.

Glock_Man_21

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Avon
    I can't believe people just fire into the air in a big city. I live out in the country and would still never just fire into the air.

I know what you mean I live in a rural area and my son and I still fired into the ground and I have 3 acres. I'm new to the state and am told I don't work in the best of areas. But a perk is Don's guns is kinda just across the street so guess where I spend most of my lunch breaks.

jlgray

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2011
    Clarksville
    son of my boss said a girl was shot in florida from a celebration bullet. and that his local pd calls all units in just before midnight on new years night, and turns them loose 15 minutes after.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I am going out on a limb here, but wouldn't think a bullet fired straight in the air would do that much damage when it landed. After all, it would fall at terminal velocity and has a fairly small mass. I'm sure I am dead wrong since physics class was about 10 years ago. My point being, are you sure someone didn't fire at the vehicles, especially being located near Lafayette and 38t?

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    I am going out on a limb here, but wouldn't think a bullet fired straight in the air would do that much damage when it landed. After all, it would fall at terminal velocity and has a fairly small mass. I'm sure I am dead wrong since physics class was about 10 years ago. My point being, are you sure someone didn't fire at the vehicles, especially being located near Lafayette and 38t?
    Without actually looking up the episode to get all of the details, I will say that you are correct and Mythbusters proved this. However, that is if the round is fired straight up. If it is either way of 90* it can gain trajectory and become lethal.

Top Bottom