• ...and so much more!
  • nrar15

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Attica
    Think I found something to take the place of my 32 KelTec that I've carried for god knows how many years.

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    Ok, well for those of you who have ever seen me talk about my Springfield vs Glock experience you'll know I love both of them. They each have their pro's and con's.

Now that I covered that:

Looking at the technical specs of the XDS, I read where the Slide width is 0.9" wide (according to where I read this at, it's mentioning the .45 ACP version seen in the video) with an overall width of 1.0". THAT is a showstopper. The Kahr PM9's width is 0.9", and that is one compact piece.

My only big concern is when it's going to be released - oh god I just don't take well to temptation.

One fuss - I do want to wait for the 9mm & .40 S&W versions before I'd make a decision. .45 ACP is pricey to play with (SubCompact XDS would likely not be a "play" gun anyway though), and I do agree that 5+1 is slightly lacking. However, the Kahr PM45 is also in 5+1 configuration. And the Kahr PM45 has been unmatched in the polymer single-stack .45 market. At least 'til now =)

tonhe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Elkhart
    This is getting added to my wishlist..

Nutnfancy posted a video yesterday so you can at least see it on video..

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW9p-MRE4pE[/ame]

Plisken

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Under the radar
    Ive been waiting for springfield to make this for along time. Im sure a 9mm and 40 will be along soon. Cant wait to see one for myself. Ive been looking at other slim pistols but been holding out for a springer.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Just saw this on Hyatt's sight. Looks like trying to make a little more $ on the initial interest!!!

Springfield Armory XDS 45 ACP Single Stack Pistol PRE ORDER
    Our price: $699.99

Quantity

Check to compare

If its $700 that will certainly calm down the interest a bit I bet. Id certainly have the lighter and more capacity Kimber Ultra Carry for not much more $$, thats for sure.

If its closer to $450-$550 this would be a better deal.

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    I completely agree. 650-700 is way to high. I can get the 3.8" .45 for 550~. Though, I recall when the Walther PPQ was around 750 you could find it for way less.

jdg0724

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Plainfield
    That will definitely be a hot seller. I may just have to pick one up. the only downside at this point would be the capacity, but like Shift Zombie stated: they may increase the capacity before they release them. 5 rds is just not enough for most people to feel comfortable with.

LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    6.3 in. Long 4.4 in. High with a 3.3 in. barrel and 1 inch wide at the take down lever, most of the gun is 0.9 in. wide and as far as price goes the gun source has them listed at a hair over 500, and they are being released sometime in march as of right now

Top Bottom