• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    Looks like theyre trying to correct the mistake that was that sub-compact glock that uses GAP. It's going to be considerably thinner than a g19. 1" is what the guy said. I would consider it.

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    Knowing Springfield, they'll have extended mags in no time. It may even ship with a 10 rounder. :D at that point, I will buy, without a doubt.

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    I would say more than likely. Everything else they've come out with has followed that path.

Can they do a double stack mag with that grip width, or will they cut it down even further, for 9/40? I just hope that if they do a single stack 9mm it's as thin as possible.

Just another reason to save up some $$, buy a gun that isn't as good as my G19, and sell it for less than what I paid. Ugh, the curse of 'must try'. :D

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    ^
    This gun will not be the same, at all, compared to a G19. The G19 is an excellent "compact" 9mm, with a much larger barrel length (I'd say at least 2" on this XDs) with a solid, factory, 15 round capacity. It borders on service pistol/ccw weapon. The XDs looks more like a pocket pistol/ultra concealable self defense weapon not designed for extreme ranges. It looks to be infringing on the .380 market with its size and width. "No greater than 1"" sounds very nice to carry and conceal for those more intimate events. I wonder if the fiber optic front sight comes stock.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I dont get it, I am by no means a glock fan. But the G36 weights about 8 ounces less and has 6+1 instead of 5+1. The CW45 is 6+1, 10 ounces lighter, same length and width plus runs $350 new.

I am sure it will sell fine being an XD, I love the feel of and XD too. But I dont get why they make it so heavy with such small capacity. It almost seems that 29 ounces should be with 5 rounds in the mag.

Last edited:

rphutchi

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    They are small. My guess is the extra wt helps manage recoil of 45ACP. Expect previous post is correct that higher capacity mags are the order of the day to make these sell like hotcakes.

down3green

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 19, 2010
    Brown County

I like the XD as much as the next guy, but I'm puzzling over the concept of making a limited capacity pistol, then offering extended mags for it. It just isn't adding up for me. Yet.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I think personally I would be more interested in a sub-compact XDm, but I guess they abandoned sub-compacts for some reason?

I love the way the XD pistols look tho

Top Bottom