• ...and so much more!
  • canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Pretty neat video.

I'd be more interested in where we can buy it at retail without being raped or playing stupid scalper games.

Unfortunately the best option I have found has been ordering online, or picking it up at Walmart for the 3.5 minutes it's on the shelf before it sells out.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    So, the video begs the question: How in the world do we have a rimfire shortage???

This is one of how many companies that sell rimfire?

npwinder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2016
    Kouts
    So, the video begs the question: How in the world do we have a rimfire shortage???

This is one of how many companies that sell rimfire?

Hundreds of thousands more shooters mostly women and children. couple that with a lot more shooters going out and shooting up an entire 500 round brick in one setting. Triple that with the few horders still out there buying any 22s they see rather theyll shoot it in their lifetime or not.

CCI makes about 4,000,000 rounds a day. if it was all going into 100 round packs, thats only 40,000 boxes a day or 14,600,000 a year. Theres over 100,000,000 gun owners in the country and a large percentage of them own a 22.

I read earlier this year that Federal and CCI were both expanding capacity by 20% each but it wouldn't be up until the end of the year.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Already saw plinkster's video, and I bet all 6'6" of him was drooling the whole time.
    I don't know if this is still true, but I recall reading in a gun magazine back in the 1980s that the profit margins for rimfire ammo were very low compared to the rest of their products.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Already saw plinkster's video, and I bet all 6'6" of him was drooling the whole time.
    I don't know if this is still true, but I recall reading in a gun magazine back in the 1980s that the profit margins for rimfire ammo were very low compared to the rest of their products.

That would make sense. There are limited materials savings due to the physical size of the ammo, but manufacturing a labor costs (the larget part of the cost) would be about the same, for a product that costs, what? about $7.50 for a box of 50 Stingers ($15 for 100) and $15.00 for a box of 50 FMJ 9mm from Speer ($30 for 100), not to mention $23 for 20 Gold Dots ($115 per 100).

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom