• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 23, 2010
    Converse Indiana
    Picked up a new to me 1956 S&W Military and Police tonight. Has about 85 percent of the blueing still intact and still locks up nice and tight. Been looking for one of these for my son to shoot since its nice and light. I think it will make a nice addition to the safe. Sorry for the crappy cell pic, wife has the good camera out of town :xmad:
    82054091.jpg

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Picked up a new to me 1956 S&W Military and Police tonight. Has about 85 percent of the blueing still intact and still locks up nice and tight. Been looking for one of these for my son to shoot since its nice and light. I think it will make a nice addition to the safe. Sorry for the crappy cell pic, wife has the good camera out of town :xmad:
    82054091.jpg

Looks as if you've got some "Chicago loads" ready to go. Those "pre-Model 10"s are great old guns.

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 23, 2010
    Converse Indiana
    Any of ya S&W guys know where I could get an old M&P box:dunno: gonna give this to my boy for his birthday in a few weeks and wouldn't mind havin a box to put it in for him. He probably could care less either way bein 7 but later in life he might appreciate havin the box too.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Any of ya S&W guys know where I could get an old M&P box:dunno: gonna give this to my boy for his birthday in a few weeks and wouldn't mind havin a box to put it in for him. He probably could care less either way bein 7 but later in life he might appreciate havin the box too.

Wish I could help. A nice lockable hard sided case might be a bit more practical, especially when transporting it.

cerebus85

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    thats a nice piece i found myself one a couple of weeks ago as well. shoots like a dream. That big blade sight can be different.

BillyB

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    I have had good luck finding old boxes on Gunbroker. I also I hate to say it but "Ebay" still allows them to be sold on there. Otherwise you could crawl around at gun shows and never find one.

Top Bottom