Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Got this package from a coworker last week;

DJJ_4143pw_zps9510e870.jpg

LCR in 38spec +P, Phoenix Arms 22, brick of 22 golden bullets for $400. Sold the Phoenix to another coworker for $80.So, I got the LCR and a brick of 22 for $320. :D
    It has a nice trigger for a DAO. Took it to Applied Balistics yesterday to try it out. Shot just fine. :D :D
    I'm looing to try some Cor Bon 110gr +Ps. 1050fps froma 1 7/8" barrell;

38 Special +P 110gr CORBON Self-Defense JHP - Handgun - Original JHP - CORBON

Last edited:

8th SPS USAF

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hobart , In
    I have the LCR 357 I think it the best 357 I have owned and that includes the SW 19 snub. I had XD BD front sight installed.
    Thought about the boot grip, but $30 is high IMO. Great deal.

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    Whenever my back is hurting bad enough, I carry the LCR instead of the SR9c. So almost all the time. I put the Crimson Trace grips on it and love it! Once you learn the trigger, it's very accurate. I run Critical Defense in it. And for the price you paid, you stole it.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I have the LCR 357 I think it the best 357 I have owned and that includes the SW 19 snub. I had XD BD front sight installed.
    Thought about the boot grip, but $30 is high IMO. Great deal.

Yeah, but it's a one-time investment that makes all the difference in the world if you CC. The original grips are bulky and have that tacky rubber surface that sticks to clothing. The boot grip is more compact and has a harder, slicker surface.

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Yeah, but it's a one-time investment that makes all the difference in the world if you CC. The original grips are bulky and have that tacky rubber surface that sticks to clothing. The boot grip is more compact and has a harder, slicker surface.

I agree. For me, the LCR would not work as a pocket pistol without the boot grip. The first time I tried the boot grip, I thought, whoa, this thing is going to pop right out of my hand! Never happened, though, just took some getting used to. Put an XS Big Dot on the front, and I love it.

I will say one drawback against the boot grip, and that is weapon retention. I believe that it would be harder to hang on to if someone was trying to take it away from me. Haven't tested my hypothesis because I don't think it's a good idea to wrassle around with a real gun. The blue guns I've seen all come with the original grip.

OP, congrats, you got a great deal.

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    The boot grip is really better for pocket carry but my skinny old hands are dried out and that grip is Slick. I put the original sticky one back on. I'll accept a bulge in my pocket rather than risk losing my gun.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    The boot grip is really better for pocket carry but my skinny old hands are dried out and that grip is Slick. I put the original sticky one back on. I'll accept a bulge in my pocket rather than risk losing my gun.

:dunno:

Please explain. Are you worried about it slipping out of your hand, or someone pulling it out of your hand as mentioned in post #9?

Top Bottom