Not open for further replies.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Hello. New to the site. I was wanting to get some opinions on if they carry with a loaded magazine in the gun or have the mag separate in there pocket. I carry CC and OC but usually unloaded with mag separate

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Somebody told me to have them separate but it seems like it should be loaded because in an emergency it seems like putting a mag in would take precious time

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    Welcome. I have no idea why anyone would carry this way. Do you really think you will have the time to remove a mag from your pocket and load it in the gun and then chamber a round and fire before the threat kills you? Unless he is 200 yards away and closing there is no way for you to get this done. Rethink your carry practice or don't bother to semi-carry at all, you will lose carrying like this. Maybe you need some training to help you overcome the fear of carrying correctly.

Oh, somebody was dead wrong.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    Freedom , yes really Freedom
    welcome , and not sure why you do as well , i had heard of it , but never heard from someone who does ,depending on what gun you are talking about is it a safety issue ?...... i carry a 1911 so between the safety and the grip safety i feel good about "cocked and locked"

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Somebody told me to have them separate but it seems like it should be loaded because in an emergency it seems like putting a mag in would take precious time

Who told you that? :dunno:
    Get training from reputable trainers, not from random guys.
    Yes you may want to carry the gun with no mag in it if you transport it like in your trunk in the way to the range.
    But if you carry for protection with the gun on your person it makes no sense to have it unloaded.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Welcome to INGO! Now why would you want to carry an unloaded gun? you might as well not carry at all! :dunno: Loaded one in the chamber! your not gonna have time to it when you need it! ;)

joshualee49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Gas City, Indiana
    Welcome!

Yes, you should definitely carry loaded. Your instincts were correct. Always know your carry firearm and know the condition in which it is kept. Be consistent. Train to use it based off your carry style. In a high stress situation fine motor skills are compromised and the muscle memory you build into your brain, arms, and hands will be the base of your abilities.

No way I would want to fumble with a tap\rack\bang drill while taking live fire..

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom