Not open for further replies.

DemGuns69

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2015
    Indy
    Hello to everyone!

Funny and true story. I was about 18 months old and suffering terribly from colic. Nothing would stop me from crying; my parents were at wits' end. They stopped by my grandparent's home, and my grandfather- an avid hunter and gun collector said, "Let me have a try." So he sat me on his lap and proceeded to tell me if I stopped all this crying business he'd buy me a gun! Whether it was his deep and gruff voice, or that I was feeling better- I stopped crying! Well, being a man of his word he came carrying in a 410 shotgun a few months later. It was much too heavy for me to carry at not even 2 years old... so I drug it around the carpeted living room by it's barrel end! Still have it to this day and it is a treasured memento I will never sell as he is now gone.

Hope you enjoyed the story, and I hope I can contribute something positive here.

CombatRex

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    NE side of Indy
    How long ago was that? Today your grandpa would have been charged with child endangerment. Man times have changed. Welcome to INGO and I hope you pass that 410 down the family tree. I still have my Iver Johnson 410 from my grandfather as well. Cept I got it as a middle schooler.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom