Indianapolis
    Last edited:

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    IANAL. IMO she needs hard time and forfeiture of her pension for this outrage. This scandal shake the foundation of our country. Yes, I mean it.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Hearing went as expected, and opened new lines of investigation into Washington.

Issa confirmed that "superiors in Washington" were pulling the strings, through witness testimony.

Also, during the hearing, Issa made a comment along the lines of "young boy with hands in cookie jar". Huffington Post made faux-outrage, screaming racism... Issa actually paused the damn hearing to address it. Can't believe he'd waste time appeasing people like HuffPo

IRS Lawyer Hull: ?I Recommended TP Group be Approved, I Was Overruled by Supervisors in DC? This Was Unusual? (Video) | The Gateway Pundit

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Looks like progressives were also targeted by the IRS. I'm thinking Obama isn't the issue here and many people are missing the real issue. The IRS has long been out of control and needs to be abolished. Too many administrations have used it in a punitive fashion against their perceived enemies. Republicans, along with their dem buddies have allowed the IRS to be used as a tool to stifle speech and activism on all parties. It's past time we abolished the IRS and got rid of the onerous tax code that allows them to become a weapon to be used by bureaucrats.

IRS Documents Show Liberal Groups, Occupy Movement Were Targeted Like Tea Party: Democrats

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Looks like progressives were also targeted by the IRS. I'm thinking Obama isn't the issue here and many people are missing the real issue. The IRS has long been out of control and needs to be abolished. Too many administrations have used it in a punitive fashion against their perceived enemies. Republicans, along with their dem buddies have allowed the IRS to be used as a tool to stifle speech and activism on all parties. It's past time we abolished the IRS and got rid of the onerous tax code that allows them to become a weapon to be used by bureaucrats.

IRS Documents Show Liberal Groups, Occupy Movement Were Targeted Like Tea Party: Democrats

Be mindful of where you're getting your information.

3 "progressive" groups that didn't report issues to Congress VS 298 "conservative" groups.

It is in no way similar, and HuffPo saying "targeted like Tea Party groups" is misinformation.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Be mindful of where you're getting your information.

3 "progressive" groups that didn't report issues to Congress VS 298 "conservative" groups.

It is in no way similar, and HuffPo saying "targeted like Tea Party groups" is misinformation.

That should cut both ways. Your sources have an agenda and are missing the big picture because they hate Obama. The fact is that progressive groups were also targeted, as were many groups engaging in speech and activism. This has been reported by other news agencies than HuffPo. You've just chosen not to look at them. The IRS is the problem here. That and the tax code. Bush targeted liberals, Clinton targeted conservatives, Bush 1 targeted dems.....it's their hammer. You're too wrapped up in the propaganda to see the real problem. Take the hammer away and it's no longer an issue.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    That should cut both ways. Your sources have an agenda and are missing the big picture because they hate Obama. The fact is that progressive groups were also targeted, as were many groups engaging in speech and activism. This has been reported by other news agencies than HuffPo. You've just chosen not to look at them. The IRS is the problem here. That and the tax code. Bush targeted liberals, Clinton targeted conservatives, Bush 1 targeted dems.....it's their hammer. You're too wrapped up in the propaganda to see the real problem. Take the hammer away and it's no longer an issue.

My "sources" aren't reflective of my opinions.

I'm posting links to the places actually covering this. Other "sources" tend to pretend it doesn't exist.

My "sources" are testimony and hearings. That's where I get my information. The Democrats have backpeddled since the beginning of this. Jay Carney has stated it was ABSOLUTELY "rogue CIN agents"... which is now proven false. Democrats on the hearing have stated "case closed" and "nothing to see here"... well, that's been destroyed now that more things are coming to light.

Every single claim by "left-leaning" outlets has been proven false. Every. One. This is typical wagon circling, protecting the higher-ups. That is what testimony has shown so far.

So, let's cut both ways:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...eathless-press-and-the-phony-irs-scandal.html
    http://consortiumnews.com/2013/06/26/selling-the-fake-irs-scandal/
    http://www.salon.com/2013/07/08/how_the_media_outrageously_blew_the_irs_scandal_a_full_accounting/

Three left-sources, just like Huff Po. All denying a scandal.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Good Lord.

298 conservative groups were held up before and beyond the last presidential election.
    They were silenced to suppress the vote to get obama reelected.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Hmmm...the HuffPo piece admits that the IRS targeted TP'ers. No denials there. They just point out that others were targeted, as well. You choose not to believe that, in the face of evidence to the contrary. That's your right. Doesn't mean you're right, but it's your right.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Hmmm...the HuffPo piece admits that the IRS targeted TP'ers. No denials there. They just point out that others were targeted, as well. You choose not to believe that, in the face of evidence to the contrary. That's your right. Doesn't mean you're right, but it's your right.

Rather than repost, I edited my post above with more info.

You choose to believe the "propaganda", as you call it. That makes me the wrong one?

Have you watched a single IRS hearing?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Rather than repost, I edited my post above with more info.

You choose to believe the "propaganda", as you call it. That makes me the wrong one?

Have you watched a single IRS hearing?
    No, I'm not believing any propaganda. I'm going off of the reports that are currently out there that show that many people involved in activism have been targeted by the IRS. You're missing the point. The IRS and the tax code are the problem. Your hearings aren't going to address that problem, they just want to lay blame on someone and move on to the next political outrage du jour . I'm much more interested in taking the hammer away from the vandals and making the neighbourhood safer for everyone. You just want it safe for your people.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    So..... yeah........

Meanwhile, in a letter released Thursday, J. Russell George, the Treasury inspector general for tax administration (TIGTA), noted that out of the 298 groups set aside for a closer look between May 2010 and May 2012, only six had the words "progress" or "progressive" in their names."In total, 30 percent of the organizations we identified with the words 'progress' or 'progressive' in their names were processed as potential political cases," George wrote to Rep. Sandy Levin, D-Mich., the top Democrat on the Ways and Means Committee. "In comparison, our audit found that 100 percent of the tax-exempt applications with Tea Party, Patriots, or 9/12 in their names were processed as potential political cases during the timeframe of our audit."

IRS: Progressive groups flagged, but tea party bigger target - CBS News

NO obvious bias there....... yep, just the IRS as usual. Yep, progressive groups were targeted as well..........

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    So..... yeah........

IRS: Progressive groups flagged, but tea party bigger target - CBS News

NO obvious bias there....... yep, just the IRS as usual. Yep, progressive groups were targeted as well..........

only six had the words "progress" or "progressive" in their names."In total, 30 percent of the organizations we identified with the words 'progress' or 'progressive' in their names were processed as potential political cases,"

That only applies to groups that had that particular word in their names. So what? OWS and many affiliated groups without the word progress or progressive were tagged, too. Is it your contention that only that one word means anything? How many with the word Occupy were tapped? Or other words? They were all tagged for review by the IRS for political affiliations. That's what happens when you obey the tax code and submit the paper work as a tax exempt organisation. The TP/Patriots and 9/12'ers are all politically motivated. Haven't met any of their members yet who wasn't. Of course they came under scrutiny. Just like the politically motivated people in OWS and similar groups, who were also tagged for review. Again....you guys are missing the forest for the trees.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    No, I'm not believing any propaganda. I'm going off of the reports that are currently out there that show that many people involved in activism have been targeted by the IRS. You're missing the point. The IRS and the tax code are the problem. Your hearings aren't going to address that problem, they just want to lay blame on someone and move on to the next political outrage du jour . I'm much more interested in taking the hammer away from the vandals and making the neighbourhood safer for everyone. You just want it safe for your people.

Any mention of "Progressive" and "occupy" being in a BOLO list only just showed up last week. It wasn't provided to the investigator during the audit months ago, and they were NOT part to ANY specialized interrogation like the Tea Party groups were.

Don't treat it like they're equal. Screw the IRS, abolish it, I'm all for it... but don't pretend like this is a two-sided scandal that affects everyone.

This is specifically targeted at "right" leaning groups. Period.

If you're taking the stance of a scandal apologist, then by all means, go right ahead... but you'll have to show some evidence of your own to show that "many" occupy/progressive groups were scrutinized like TP groups.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    That only applies to groups that had that particular word in their names. So what? OWS and many affiliated groups without the word progress or progressive were tagged, too. Is it your contention that only that one word means anything? How many with the word Occupy were tapped? Or other words? They were all tagged for review by the IRS for political affiliations. That's what happens when you obey the tax code and submit the paper work as a tax exempt organisation. The TP/Patriots and 9/12'ers are all politically motivated. Haven't met any of their members yet who wasn't. Of course they came under scrutiny. Just like the politically motivated people in OWS and similar groups, who were also tagged for review. Again....you guys are missing the forest for the trees.

You still sticking with they were targeted equally or do you recognize one side was targeted 10 times as much?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    You still sticking with they were targeted equally or do you recognize one side was targeted 10 times as much?

What does equality have to do with anything? People and groups were targeted by the IRS, on the left and right and probably libertarian side. Doesn't matter if 100 on one side and 200 on the other side were targeted. I don't give a ****. I give a **** that there is an agency out there that can do this with impunity. These current hearings will accomplish nothing. N.O.T.H.I.N.G. It's just an outlet for the current right leaning news org to whip up a few people and make news for Roger Ailes. When I see people getting to the real root of the problem, the tax code and the IRS and how it's used by ALL politicians against their perceived enemies, I'll give a ****. This is nothing more than bread and circuses for the Fox news generation.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    What does equality have to do with anything? People and groups were targeted by the IRS, on the left and right and probably libertarian side. Doesn't matter if 100 on one side and 200 on the other side were targeted. I don't give a ****. I give a **** that there is an agency out there that can do this with impunity. These current hearings will accomplish nothing. N.O.T.H.I.N.G. It's just an outlet for the current right leaning news org to whip up a few people and make news for Roger Ailes. When I see people getting to the real root of the problem, the tax code and the IRS and how it's used by ALL politicians against their perceived enemies, I'll give a ****. This is nothing more than bread and circuses for the Fox news generation.

You're ignoring those out there trying to genuinely hold people accountable for this. I agree with you that the IRS is an awful political tool. This, however, was the use of that tool against our side, which represents our values (gun ownership, yeah?), and the future of our country.

These actions can modify the outcome of our elections and forever change our country for the worse.

You seem more intent on insulting some news outlets, rather than the bigger picture here. People should be accountable for this, and it shouldn't be "just another scandal". Apparently the TIGTA investigation has uncovered some "disturbing" events last week, and is working with the DOJ and FBI. When the investigation concludes, maybe we'll know more.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    You're ignoring those out there trying to genuinely hold people accountable for this. I agree with you that the IRS is an awful political tool. This, however, was the use of that tool against our side, which represents our values (gun ownership, yeah?), and the future of our country.

These actions can modify the outcome of our elections and forever change our country for the worse.

You seem more intent on insulting some news outlets, rather than the bigger picture here. People should be accountable for this, and it shouldn't be "just another scandal". Apparently the TIGTA investigation has uncovered some "disturbing" events last week, and is working with the DOJ and FBI. When the investigation concludes, maybe we'll know more.
    "our side" is not "his side"

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    tumblr_lybct65TRz1ql11kio1_500.gif

Top Bottom