• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jfw46544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Hot Springs Village, AR
    I was coming across the toll road late last night and I thought I saw a sign near Laporte that said something like "Mike's Country Store" and something that indicated lot's of firearms. Ok, it was late. I can't remember exactly. Has anyone been there yet? I googled and found this article.

Store adds firearms department

doc4b9c4d848a269147205804.jpg
    Bob Wellinski/For The News-Dispatch Firearms department manager Jerry Shaw and store manager Erik Praczak work with customer Dave Spence at Mike’s Country Store, 9977 N. Indiana 39.

By Kim Nowatzke
    For The News-Dispatch

Published: Sunday, March 14, 2010 4:17 AM CDT
    LA PORTE — Getting more bang for your buck takes on new meaning at Mike’s Country Store, 9977 N. Indiana 39, with the addition of a new department at the 34-year-old, locally owned business.

Jerry Shaw is the new manager of the firearms department that opened in December. A La Porte County resident and former Marine who served two tours in Vietnam, he has been a shooting enthusiast since 1967.

Mike’s Country Store will carry high-quality handguns and long guns with brand names such as Glock, Sig Sauer, Ruger, Smith & Wesson, Henry, Mossberg, even the top-of-the-line Italian brand Benelli, he said.

“We can acquire virtually any gun you’re looking for,” Shaw added.

Both new and used guns are for sale, with the store not only selling, but purchasing firearms as well.

In addition to firearms, customers can find holsters, cleaning equipment, safes, cases, ammunition, targets and sights.

Shaw is available to mount and bore-sight scopes. A gunsmith service is available upon request.

He said customers now can purchase state hunting and fishing licenses at Mike’s Country Store, which also is a state-checking station for turkey and deer.

“We’re here to provide the best service we can for customers’ hunting and shooting needs,” Shaw said.

Michael Prascak Sr. opened Mike’s Country Store in 1976 as a small storefront carrying general merchandise, cigarettes and tools. In 1987, Mike Prascak Jr. renovated a 10,000-square-foot warehouse to sell more closeout items, gifts, discount cigarettes and other merchandise. In 2004, 5,000 more square feet were added to make room for the new categories of animal supplies and feed as well as tools. Erik Prascak now manages the store.

Mad Man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    LaPorte County
    Less than 5 miles from me. It's ok but not great. Gun store is located inside the country store. sign on the gun store door says if you bring a loaded firearm in this store it is ours or something like that:xmad: not exacty sure of the verbage. enough for me to stay out. I noticed the sign on my way out. guns were high priced, most of the ammo was reloads out of southern Indiana somewhere. though the two guys running it were very friendly and wanted to talk.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Took a trip there today to check it out...A Keltec P-11 $350.99...overpriced stuff. They had about 50 handguns, all were new. Not worth the trip.

Top Bottom