• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    And on the first shot, even. Crazy skills.

At that range I think it is more luck then anything....... no way to know wind speed/direction and other factors between you and him haha.... maybe it was a very calm day???

I have heard the .338 Lapua is better at longer range because it is lighter then the .50 so it is more accurate since you don't have to worry about bullet drop as much along the flight path........ could be wrong.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    At that range I think it is more luck then anything....... no way to know wind speed/direction and other factors between you and him haha.... maybe it was a very calm day???

I have heard the .338 Lapua is better at longer range because it is lighter then the .50 so it is more accurate since you don't have to worry about bullet drop as much along the flight path........ could be wrong.
    Read the article, it explains the conditions.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    First shot... hit human target.
    Second shot... hit human target.
    Then shoots the machine gun... has to be some skill in there somewhere.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    First shot... hit human target.
    Second shot... hit human target.
    Then shoots the machine gun... has to be some skill in there somewhere.

“Conditions were perfect, no wind, mild weather, clear visibility."

Not saying there was no skill.... just that if you ask me at that range there is a lot of luck, not to mention hitting 3 targets with 3 rounds... maybe people are having better luck with the .338 then the .50..... at that range I have heard of quite a few guy's needing a few hits with a .50. One guy was firing at about a mile or a little less with a .50 and missed, guy started running and like 4 shots later he got him haha.

bigdawgtrucks

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    I'd choose the .50 over the .338 lapua based on wind drift. It would be easier to compensate for bullet drop than wind drift when you compare a 250 gr. bullet to a 750 gr bullet getting pushed around.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    3 seconds, that is amazing. I don't know what his sight picture looks like at 1.5 miles with that scope but in 3 seconds I would think he has time to regain the target within his sights (after absorbing the recoil) and see the hit or miss himself.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    He had skills and determination. He is a brother of the best kind. Read all about him. Maybe a little luck, but the skills has to be there.

Top Bottom