• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blink

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Bedford, IN
    Looking for some new sights for my M&P22 since I'm not all that happy with the stock ones. I've been wanting to change them for awhile but am a little leery of the aluminum slide. Wondering if anyone has any experience with any of these. I'm personally leaning toward the Advantage Tactical Triangular Set.
    This is strictly a range gun. I belong to the Outdoor Sportsman Club of Mitchell which is an outdoor range and daylight only. Whatever is decided I will probably put on my full size 9 and possibly a compact when I get around to buying it.
    Lastly I was told by a couple of gun shops they don't replace sights on the M&P22. With these being specifically for the 22 do you think those shops policies might have changed?

Here are some links

HIVIZ Front Sight S&W M&P22 Steel Fiber Optic 6 Interchangeable Lite

XS Sight Systems 24/7 Express Sight Set S&W M&P22 Steel Matte Tritium

Advantage Tactical Triangular Sight Set S&W M&P 22 Steel Blue

Thank in advance for all the input.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County

J10on4ds

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 23, 2011
    Bedford
    I think I like the advantage setup, but it might cause issues if I didn't have it on all my pistols. Do have a question though. Some of my pistols you have to bury the front sight, but some of mine you put just at the top of the sight. Will the arrow setup be different between guns?

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar

blink

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Bedford, IN
    I think I like the advantage setup, but it might cause issues if I didn't have it on all my pistols. Do have a question though. Some of my pistols you have to bury the front sight, but some of mine you put just at the top of the sight. Will the arrow setup be different between guns?

Don't know if it would be different between different guns or not. The arrows description does sound like they are adjustable so you should be able to make them all shoot the same. Hopefully.

blink

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Bedford, IN
    The default sights are plastic and cruddy, without even dots on them. I got these and installed them myself easily. Just make sure you get matching sizes if you buy these. Someone on ingo Recommended them, and I like them a lot.

018-228 Sight/S&W/RearFix/M&P22/Opt/.245T/.125N/Carry/Refer to Website for Front Sight Choice/Tools Included Detail Page

Dawson Fiber Optic Front Sights for S&W M&P .22 Detail Page

Just took a closer look at these sights. They say to replace the rear sight and shoot the gun to determine what height front sight you need. How does that work? Do you just find out if your shooting high or low and then purchase front sight height accordingly? Is the rear adjustable for elevation if you pick the wrong one?

8th SPS USAF

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hobart , In
    I went to Meijer's and bought Halloween Glow in the Dark finger nail paint. A buddy got this last year and I used it on several guns including my 9mm Shield. Works great IMO for $3.

blink

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Bedford, IN
    Thanks for the suggestions so far. If it makes any difference to someones recommendations I didn't get the 9c. I was at Bradis today and picked up he last Shield they had. Will still be getting the 9c sometime. It's just been pushed back because of the Shield purchase. So now whatever I get has to be able to go on all 4 guns.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Just took a closer look at these sights. They say to replace the rear sight and shoot the gun to determine what height front sight you need. How does that work? Do you just find out if your shooting high or low and then purchase front sight height accordingly? Is the rear adjustable for elevation if you pick the wrong one?

When I got mine the rear sights listed the required front sight size. I looked up the invoice, and the height was .160T. I'm not sure why they would try and make it so confusing now. I can only say that mine work great. I would call them if you aren't too put off by their website, just to be certain.

Specifically, here is what my invoice says:
    Sight-Rear Fix/S&W M&P 22/Optc/.125 Notch/Requires .160 Tall Front, Carry~
    Sight-Front/S&W M&P .22 Cut/Optc, .160T x .125W, Ramped, Tools Included

If I were buying the same sights for all my M&P's it would be night sights though. I just put some Tru Glo TFO sights on my 9C today in fact. (I went to Highsmith in Greenfield and they installed them for free while I waited, which was cool).The only problem with matching sights is that I think the 22 uses different sights, and they are hard to find...which is why I bought Dawson.

Top Bottom