• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pftraining_in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    IN: South of I-70
    I received information through the Boy Scouts that a new Shooting Venture Crew will be starting in Shelby County. The following is the announcement. Involvement is not limited to Shelby County, any youth 14-20 from any county may participate.

Hello All,

Our local Fraternal Order of Police has decided to sponsor a youth organization which will include male and female youth from 14-20 years of age. The Venturing Crew is a division of the Boy Scouts of America. This division focuses on activities that most youth do not have the opportunities to participate. One unique part of this division it is YOUTH ran. Adults are involved, but only as advisors. This develops leadership, citizenship and decision making in our youth. With all the bad activities that surround our youth, why not give them an opportunity to make some responsible decisions and learn to work with adults.

You may wonder what kind of activities they are allowed to participate in; anything they can dream. Our lodge will focus on firearm, archery, and other outdoor activities. The youth will make the decisions on their activity. An example, if the youth want to go on a trip, they would plan, run the finance and work out the details.

What does this cost the youth; $15.00/yr for registration, plus $1.00 for a million dollar accident and injury policy per person for a total of $16.00 per year.

We are now accepting applications for both male and female youth 14-20 yrs old.

We are now accepting applications for both male and female adults, 21 and older, for advisors.

Any questions, please PM me for contact information.

Shelby Co BSA District: Iron Horse District

Venturing

TheGunDen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2010
    Shelbyville IN
    Why is it limited to ages 14-20? my 8 year old does more shooting and hunting than my 14 year old. When does this start how long does it last? If there is anything I can help with let me know. Thanks

pftraining_in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    IN: South of I-70
    Due to BSA rules, boys are not allowed to handle rifles over .22 LR or use handguns if signed up as a Boy Scout, Cub Scouts are limited to BB & pellet rifles only.

Venturing, which is limited to 14-20, allows them to shoot any caliber in any firearm. This is the reason for the age restriction.

Top Bottom