• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey, here is one for the Ruger gurus out there. I recently acquired a new 77/44 Blued and walnut. Yes, I said NEW! According to the Ruger catalog they have only been selling stainless/synthetic for over two years. I check the serial number and it is a 2011 manufacture!?? Call Ruger for comfirmation and sure enough, Sept. 2011! The nice lady from Ruger couldn't seem to be able to find any in the regular catalog either, so she couldn't say if it was a small limited run edition or what? Any ideas??:dunno:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    372   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I think sometimes they have parts left over. I recently bought a new Marlin 70 Papoose from a dealer. Synthetic stock with blued action and barrel. Different front sight blade as well. The Marlin catalogue shows only stainless/synthetic.

hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    After a little more poking around, it seems there may have been a small D.E. run for Williams Shooting Supply last year. A guy from the Ruger Board clued me in. I had walked in the shop that day intent on walking out with the stainless/synthetic until the guy behind the counter pulled the blued -walnut down for me to look at. I hadn't heard they had made any new ones, and I couldn't pass it up. After a little trigger work it is a dandy little rifle, and it seems to really like the 240 xtps on top of H110.

P.S. I got the last one!

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    I saw a wood/blued 77/44 in the Vincennes gun shop today. It is a good looking gun.
    I'd seen them on the interwebz before, this is the only one I've ever seen locally.

Top Bottom