• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I bought a new range bag today from Gander Mountain. The brand is TAC-LE, but I've never heard of them. There's no website or tag or anything on the bag and Google turns up nothing. Anyone know anything about them?

At any rate, I've been looking for a bag that was just a little bigger than the overnight bag I had co-opted from my luggage set. All the ones I found were either huge, or too expensive. They're either designed for one shooter or a whole squad. I just needed one big enough for two sets of ears/eyes plus the usual other gear.

This was $25 and it seems like exactly the right size. It's got three spacious interior pockets in the center section. The left side has two zippered pockets of which the exterior has two pen and one cellphone slot. The right side has one zippered pocket with two large open-top pouches. It includes a somewhat-flimsy removable vinyl bottom plate and a nylon gun rug. Some of the stitching is single-stitch where I think it should be double-stitch, but for $25 it seems like a decent bag.

1felfk.jpg

2ujtaf5.jpg

2rrrj8l.jpg

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I am partial to the midway competition range bags, but thats because its big enough to fit more **** in it than a womans purse. and you all know how much crap they carry around.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I am partial to the midway competition range bags, but thats because its big enough to fit more **** in it than a womans purse. and you all know how much crap they carry around.

That's exactly the problem. I really didn't want a bag that big when I already have two ammo cans and usually at least one (if not more) rifle bag, in addition to the range bag. I needed something small enough to lug, but big enough to hold two sets of ears. Tough bag to find! The midway ones are more expensive than I wanted to pay, too.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    how well do you think it will hold up? is there anything on the bottom to keep it from sagging in the middle when you put ammo box's... i have been thinking about a smaller bag for my precision rifle stuff but dont want something that will fall apart... i am not easy on any of my equipment by any standard.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Daang it. I bought the Midway one for twice that. If I had seen that one I might have bought it. As it is if I fill mine I can't carry it.
    Hope it holds up well for ya.

BTW dd you OC in Gander MTN when you bought it?:D

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    how well do you think it will hold up? is there anything on the bottom to keep it from sagging in the middle when you put ammo box's... i have been thinking about a smaller bag for my precision rifle stuff but dont want something that will fall apart... i am not easy on any of my equipment by any standard.

The vinyl bottom plate feels like thin cardboard. I don't think it would hold up to more than a small amount of ammo, but I use ammo cans for that anyway. This will hold eyes/ears, first aid kit, water bottle, small cleaning kit, stapler, etc. I think it'll be fine for casual use, but for "professional" (read: heavy, frequent use), it won't be rugged enough.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I am partial to the midway bag too, just b/c my shooting partner is a equipt snob and has brainwashed me into "buy once, cry once!"

Easy fix for that cardboard bottom..... 1/4 veneer play cut to fit, sand to smooth, and paint to match!

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Daang it. I bought the Midway one for twice that. If I had seen that one I might have bought it. As it is if I fill mine I can't carry it.

You wont be dissapointed... i own two and am really happy with both.

Easy fix for that cardboard bottom..... 1/4 veneer play cut to fit, sand to smooth, and paint to match!

good i idea... i may want to do that with my midway bag as well... it sags quite a bit with 800 9mm and 800 .40... and 500 .22lr

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

I like the Midway bags, I just didn't want to spend that much for a light-duty range bag. I think this will work out pretty well.

No, I didn't OC there, although I have OC'ed at that GM before without incident. (This was the Castleton store if anyone is interested in picking up one of these bags. They were on an endcap in the ammo area.)

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Looks good Scutter! Good to see that your mission is driving the gear train.

I put my bacon patch on my Midway bag too!

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Looks like a pretty good size bag Scutter. I may stop by that GM Sunday if I go down to that reloading class. I think something that size would be good since I just have the glock 22, eyes/ears, and some ammo.

Thanks for the heads up

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Looks like a pretty good size bag Scutter. I may stop by that GM Sunday if I go down to that reloading class. I think something that size would be good since I just have the glock 22, eyes/ears, and some ammo.

Thanks for the heads up

You should definatly come down to that reloading class:rockwoot:

Top Bottom