New program launching in Indianapolis to provide safe place for people living in cars

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Not being critical of you and or your generous church followers. How much is this enabling though?

Like other addicts of unhealthy behavior, they often don't understand because us good hearted folks cannot find the nads to tell them "NO."

"NO" for their own good and for the good of society...

View attachment 382861
    So then he just goes to the next place and does the same. He's not hurting anybody and certainly isn't harming "society" whatever that means. To believe that there is always some "solution" that will get people to "live right" is pretty naïve.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Just keep in mind that you are painting with a very broad brush. There are a lot of people who choose to live unconventionally and they have a right to do that, or they should in a free country.

Absolutely.

What they should not be able to do though is become squatters in the way of the rest of us leading productive lives.

Nor should they be able to inappropriately tie up public resources with their mental health issues.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    So then he just goes to the next place and does the same. He's not hurting anybody and certainly isn't harming "society" whatever that means. To believe that there is always some "solution" that will get people to "live right" is pretty naïve.

As long as your congregation is happy with squatters setting up in the parking lot, good for you all!

It's private property and y'all can do what you want.

:)

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    No one has come out and said it, but some are indicating that while they people may have a right to exist, they apparently must exercise that right elsewhere.
    The question becomes where they have a right to exist. The property in this country is divided into public and private property. I obviously do not have the right to just exist on your property. (And my HOA will keep you away from mine :cool:) So it falls to what rights do people have on public property? Do individual people have the right to just take over property that is public to live on it?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The question becomes where they have a right to exist. The property in this country is divided into public and private property. I obviously do not have the right to just exist on your property. (And my HOA will keep you away from mine :cool:) So it falls to what rights do people have on public property? Do individual people have the right to just take over property that is public to live on it?
    I guess not if the plan is to round them all up and re-educate them.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Do they have the right to take from others to “live unconventionally”?
    If the "unconventionally" is riding a bike and the "living" is riding it in the road, then apparently they have every right to take an unimpeded road from others to their heart's content.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    What are they taking? Scenery free from humanity? A pleasant drive to work?
    Do they have a right to camp/live in a public park? On a public sidewalk? Public property is equally owned by the public, no one has the right to take more than their share of it. There is no such thing as open property, all property has owners be they public or private and it all has rules of use.

What stops me and a dozen friends from going to the Hoosier National Forest, setting up an encampment, cutting trees for cabins and shelters, building roads, and generally living there? What am I taking? Scenery free from humanity? A pleasant drive to work?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    If the "unconventionally" is riding a bike and the "living" is riding it in the road, then apparently they have every right to take an unimpeded road from others to their heart's content.
    Bicycling is so conventional it is recognized in law. Squatting on the public is not…

Top Bottom