• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • keyser

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 23, 2008
    I went in to a huntington bank on the indy east side the other day, and honestly had not been there in awhile. They now have one of those vault like lock doors that only one person can pass through at a time, door has to shut and then they open the other door. There was a sign posted before entering the room that said something to the effect of those with weapons won't be allowed entrance. I don't know if they have some form of xray or just a metal detector in there, but there is no where to put your keys or belt, so I don't know if it was just a warning or if they do have a way to scan for one. I went back out to the car and went through the drive up. I apologize if this has been discussed before. Has anyone went through/tried to pass one of these with their firearm? I understand the bank would have the right to trespass you if they caught you, but then again they'd be losing a customer. The whole thing caught me off guard.

Biohazard

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    central indiana
    Full body scanner like at the airport. That way it can differentiate between keys and firearms.

Just kidding. :D It's probably nothing more than just a sign. Like you said, how will they tell the difference between keys versus pistol?

Where is the Huntington branch that you went to?

Hiram2005

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Plains of Hamilton County
    Friend of mine got caught in that a little while back. He thinks they have metal detectors. He was carrying his Smith and could not get thru the 2nd door to enter the bank. Also could not open the first to go back out. Guard came up and asked if he had a weapon on him. My friend said yes and was told he would have to leave it in his car if he was not an LEO. The guard then unlocked the outer door so he could go back to his car.
    We guess the detectors are set to let keys pass, don't really know tho.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Time to move to a new bank. You wanna treat me like a criminal? I'm happy to bank elsewhere.

Huntington lost my business years ago when they refused to make change for me because I couldn't remember my account number.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    God how I love my small town bank!

So do I, they all know you. If I can't remember my account number they just look iti up for me. I can throw a couple hundred bucks in cash on the counter and ask them to put it in my checking account, then just walk out the door. Not a problem at all. I love those girls up there, they are a great small town bank.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    We should all just plan on stopping by to discuss opening accounts. About one of us an hour should do. Every day, all week. That way they'll see all the potential new accounts that are not being opened by their metal detectors.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Several years ago, my son borrowed $800 from us. A few months later, he wrote my wife a check to pay us back.... made the check out to "Mom". The bank never batted an eye. They knew my son, his mom, and me. Try that at most banks now days....

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    DITTO: Indiana Members Credit Union. :yesway:

I hate them, they made me fill out one of those stupid deposit forms every time I wanted to Deposit a check. My other CU which is only local to Bloomington just asks for my account number.

Anyway, I would definitely be choosing another bank if I had to go through this sort of security.

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    Had the same thing happen to me @ one of my banks. I wrote an email, complaining of the fact I was denied entry, even after showing my creds (those that know me, know how I feel about the preference that LEO's get regarding where they can carry compared to the citizen w/ a license!!). Basically I was told too bad that is the way things work now! I told them that it was nice that the bank cared so much for the folks inside the bank, but it seemed like a giant "F you" while you are outside!!

keyser

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 23, 2008
    I have an loan there that I can't totally pay off yet and it requires that I have an open checking with direct deposit, I can boycott that location though, unless they've done it at all of them. I'm guessing it's due to the employee that was shot last year which didn't occur at this location, so it leads me to believe it may apply to all marion county locations. If that's the case, I guess I'd better get a Glock 7, anyone have a lead on one;)

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Friend of mine got caught in that a little while back. He thinks they have metal detectors. He was carrying his Smith and could not get thru the 2nd door to enter the bank. Also could not open the first to go back out. Guard came up and asked if he had a weapon on him. My friend said yes and was told he would have to leave it in his car if he was not an LEO. The guard then unlocked the outer door so he could go back to his car.
    We guess the detectors are set to let keys pass, don't really know tho.

I think I would be calling the cops about being held prisoner by the bank. Then a lawyer.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I OC'd throughout my banks main branch location for the better part of 2 hours this afternoon. No man with the gun calls, no locks keeping me in a cell. You really need to switch financial institutions.

Top Bottom