• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NolaMan61

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Danville, IN
    So, I live quite close to Metropolis open air mall in Plainfield, and apparently, atleast a few of the stores, have a no firearms policy. This I was completely unaware of seeing as there have been no signs posted (that I've seen), and nothing has ever been said during my two dozen other trips to that area. In particular I'm talking about the theater. Plainfield PD have never said anything about my gun in there, nor have any of the other employees. Just today I was told that Rave has a "No firearms policy". He then pointed to a small sign that you can't see unless you're within 10ft of it, that is facing the inside of the theater. And the sign is actually [inside] the theater. Which I find stupid.

I calmly explained to him that it was never an issue before, why was it now? To which he replied that he was just letting me know the policy and it wasn't up to him. That much I understand just fine, but I got the corporate office phone number and plan on calling about it. Because I frequent the theater, and I've never seen the sign before. I know my opinion wont change a multibillion dollar companies mind, but it gets on my nerves - this mentality that a sign is going to keep the bad guys away...

Just though I would share that... And wont be going back to that theater. :dunno:

GI JOE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Same sign on the traders pointe theater... I conceal so I don't worry about it. But finding a new place to watch movies close to me is gonna be tough.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I just got home from seeing Spider Man and didn't see a sign. Can't say that I ever look for a sign anywhere I go. :dunno: We even stopped at Cold Stone for some of the good stuff. Am I printing?

OP, I'm not making fun of you in any way. If you are considering writing a letter to the corporate headquarters, please PM me their address and I will be glad to put one together, also.

IMG233.jpg

Classic Liberal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    I OC'd at Panera Bread just yesterday and no issue. I looked for signage, but there simply wasn't any I could see.

Last edited:

marcweid

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Avon, IN
    I was at Rave watching Ted at 8pm. I was oc and cc. Kimber on waiste and LCP in my pocket. I was also there Thursday watching a movie with my daughter carrying the same way. No one has ever said anything to me nor have I ever seen the sign (I try really hard not to see them). Hopefully they never do or I guess I would have to leave the Kimber at home.

GI JOE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I just got home from seeing Spider Man and didn't see a sign. Can't say that I ever look for a sign anywhere I go. :dunno: We even stopped at Cold Stone for some of the good stuff. Am I printing?

OP, I'm not making fun of you in any way. If you are considering writing a letter to the corporate headquarters, please PM me their address and I will be glad to put one together, also.

IMG233.jpg

If you look closely you can BARELY see... Good choice in ice cream too

NolaMan61

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Danville, IN
    If you are considering writing a letter to the corporate headquarters, please PM me their address and I will be glad to put one together, also.

I was going to just call and speak with the corporate customer service rep. in person, actually. I think it's more effective and translates the point more clearly. Although I doubt it will do anything, I still feel the need to address the issue. The phone number for their headquarters is: 1-214-880-6300

Please, feel free to call and voice your opinions! Maybe if they get enough complaints for Open Carrier's they'll take that silly mess down. I know it's private property, but all that serves to do is disarm those who aim to protect the public when the police are still 5 minutes away. :twocents:

I OC'd at Panera Bread just yesterday and no issue. I looked for signage, but there simply wasn't any I could see.

Yeah, I don't think it's a ban on the whole mall. Just rave theater, as far as I've seen.

I was at Rave watching Ted at 8pm. I was oc and cc. Kimber on waiste and LCP in my pocket. I was also there Thursday watching a movie with my daughter carrying the same way. No one has ever said anything to me nor have I ever seen the sign (I try really hard not to see them). Hopefully they never do or I guess I would have to leave the Kimber at home.

Exactly... that's why it caught me so off guard when the manager on duty said something about it. I've been to Rave theater about 7 times in the last 2 months or so... even standing in front of Plainfield PD during some shows, and nothing has ever been said.

I always CC so I don't worry about signs

I think I'm going to do the same. Get a pocket carry or something in 9mm just encase I ever run into situations like this again. Because by the time anything was said, I had already paid for my ticket. Do you recommend any good pocket carry guns? :)

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

IMG233.jpg

The hat could be a give away. :D

Tony7141

Marksman
    Rating - 60%
    3   2   0
    May 20, 2012
    Plainfield
    No way I would go to the Rave without carrying, I hate the parking and how far out it is. Come to think of it, I pretty much hate the Metropolis mall all together.

Bahrutile

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2012
    I always cc anyway, I notice signs at amc's carry there anyway and I guess simon malls have a no carry policy

I love this xds even with my temp uncle mikes iwb I carry all day and forget its there

Top Bottom