• Status
    Not open for further replies.

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business
    I wish I could neg rep you for this one, but it's hasn't been long enough since my last neg rep hit you. Maybe someone else can take the shot for me.

Yeah, gang up on the different one. Call in your friends. Everyone join in the beating. This is the narrative common in so many Youtube police brutality videos.

Where did being pro-gun ever require someone to adore the military? Where did being pro-gun ever require turning a blind eye to the abuses our military has committed?

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business
    Got it for you Devil Dog.

AWESOME! I love that predictability.

This isn't the military. We don't live under martial law. The military is just a group of governmental employees, deserving as Congress or the President of citizen criticism.

Be very careful when we scare citizens into refusing to criticize the military.

Lastly, in the real world, there is no such thing as a "Devil Dog," and carrying that military lingo into the real world just sounds silly.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Asking the question as "Have you ever intentionally killed a civilian who was not trying to do harm to you, your fellow servicemen and -women, or someone you were defending?" would at least address the salient points. None of us, including (or perhaps especially) our military WANT to kill. It goes against our societal standards and is reportedly one of the hardest things to learn to overcome. Overcome it they must, however, because that is part of their job. It's not a fear of criticizing the military, it's a respect for the job they're doing when they're upholding our Constitution and our way of life. To the contrary, if they violated those guidelines/orders/basic standards, you would find rapid denouncing of their actions, here and elsewhere.

A good example of this was the whole Abu Ghraib scandal: Their actions brought by association shame upon everyone in the same uniform. Those actions should have brought shame only upon those who committed them.

ETA: The soldier depicted here committed some despicable acts, however the thoughts he expresses are accurate. I am of the opinion that he simply went too far in carrying them into action.

:twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

Last edited:

tk21k

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    MSG2-Mt Comfort
    smoking357,
    You criticized the military and its past actions. When asked if you have ever served in a war you failed to answer the question. I can assume the answer to the question since you failed to answer it. Do you think you have a right to question, criticize those who were there with out any facts? You actions sound just like a civilian police board whom believe their Harvard Educated opinion is better than the officers who were there.
    When asked a question you resulted in name calling. When those whom you upset approached you about your comments your reaction was to coward behind your keyboard and call them names. I have no respect for the likes of you! You have no true education about what war is really like but yet you pretend you do, then you have the balls to question anyone who has been there and done that.
    You should thank God you do not know the horrors of war. Then you should be thankful for those who do. Whether they did right or wrong (I am not assuming right nor wrong doing by any one) they did it for your freedom.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    I am gonna go way out on a limb here, and hazard a guess, there are probably several INGO'ers, thinking about doin' that very thing right now.

I doubt it, not anyone who has ever been in a position that may have had to. See we give the troll and others like him the opportunity to spit in our faces. It's a gift given free by us to them.

Now, if he did the same thing while not wearing his samurai ninja invisibility keyboard? Maybe somebody might teach him a few cool Hapkedo moves for instructional purposes only :).

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    I doubt it, not anyone who has ever been in a position that may have had to. See we give the troll and others like him the opportunity to spit in our faces. It's a gift given free by us to them.

Now, if he did the same thing while not wearing his samurai ninja invisibility keyboard? Maybe somebody might teach him a few cool Hapkedo moves for instructional purposes only :).

Maybe I should have used purple text?

NAH, there are no thought police.............yet.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    name calling

Just to think if it was not for the Military or us Veterans this [edited] would not be able to sit behind a keyboard and spout this [edited]!

Last edited by a moderator:

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    AWESOME! I love that predictability.

This isn't the military. We don't live under martial law. The military is just a group of governmental employees, deserving as Congress or the President of citizen criticism.

Be very careful when we scare citizens into refusing to criticize the military.

Lastly, in the real world, there is no such thing as a "Devil Dog," and carrying that military lingo into the real world just sounds silly.
    Yes in the real world there is such a thing as a Devil Dog, and no it does not sound silly. Although I see it is something you wouldn't understand. Marines calling each other Devil Dog is a small part of comradery and esprit de corps that most of us will carry until the day we die.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Wow. Are you guys serious? Or did INGO run out of purple text coloring?

People who haven't served in the military can't offer any opinions on the military? That's extremely interesting, seeing as how our commander in chief (the head of the military) has never had any military training. Sorry, but this is the United States, we all have the UNABRIDGED freedom of speech. Smoking357 is really getting underneath a lot of your skins. Why is that? Does the truth hurt? It isn't disrespectful to question people in the military, it's American and it's patriotic. Do you know what countries look like who let their military do whatever they want? They look like Nazi Germany. Which is ironic, because a lot of you sound like Nazis.

I haven't "served" in the military, Smoking hasn't either. But guess what, neither have any of you.

Inflected Form(s): served; serv·ing
    Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French servir, from Latin servire to be a slave, serve, from servus slave, servant
    Date: 13th century
    intransitive verb 1 a : to be a servant b : to do military or naval service

You didn't serve in the United States military, you WORKED in the United States military, unless any of you come forward and let me know that you returned all of your pay checks. You were paid to do a job. Was it a hard job? For the most part. Is any job easy? No.

"I doubt it, not anyone who has ever been in a position that may have had to. See we give the troll and others like him the opportunity to spit in our faces. It's a gift given free by us to them."

And we, the citizens and tax payers of this country gave YOU guys the opportunity to be fully employed by the military for at least four years. My friends in the military get more time off than my friends who aren't in the military. And my friends who are in the military get paid for their time off.

The sad, hard truth is that working in the military isn't noble. You are not protecting me or my freedoms. I literally have to protect myself and my freedoms are being taken away every day. You have to stop with the romantic view of the military. You aren't fighting the imperial English for our freedom as a nation and as free seeking people. You're fighting drug lords and religious fanatics out in the desert, far from home. Sure, they "could" come here to take away my freedoms, but my own government is already doing that, and you're a part of that government, the armed part, the scary part.

That's why you'll butt heads with people like Smoking357 and I. You guys are going to be the first ones called in to take away our rights. Do you think Senators and Congressmen are going to go door to door? And you'll do it all in the name of "freedom" and America.

I'm not disrespecting you as a person or any of your career choices, I'm just letting you know that you are paid to do a job, just like everyone else, only your job takes away 50% of our national budget, while you put nothing back into our economy. You're employed full time, whether we're in a war, or not. And now you're advocating the murder of Smoking357 because he didn't agree with you.

What have you done to protect my or anyone else's American freedoms?

Neg rep away, anti-freedom of speech, Nazis.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Have you ever killed a civilian?

Really?
    What kind of question is this?

Most of the posts i've seen from you on here have deserved neg rep but i
    just dont do that, but i had to on this.

You seem to troll around and **** off most of the membership with your ridicuous comments, hopefully soon you'll receive enough neg rep that you receive the BAN HAMMER.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Just to think if it was not for the Military or us Veterans this [edited] would not be able to sit behind a keyboard and spout this [edited]!

Can you explain that? Seriously, how do you figure that? If you can provide me with an honest, straight forward answer that makes sense, you're going to change my mind on this issue. I'm open-minded and I'm interested in hearing how you believe you enabled anyone to say anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom