• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

indymike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    Thought I would post in here to first say thanks to all the members for contributing some great insights about handguns, carry issues and legal issues. I have been lurking for some time and have found this community to be a wonderful resource especially for state and local firearm related issues like sales, carry, places to buy and shoot, etc.

I was born and raised in Indy and first got into handguns out of necessity. My girlfriend (now my wife) had a stalker about 7 years ago and we decided a handgun was an absolute necessity. We went through the learning process together regarding handgun calibers, legal issues, safety issues, getting carry licenses, read a ton of books on the issues and many lines from the Indiana code and on and on.

I was scared to death the first time a shot and even carried a handgun but have since become very comfortable with guns and realize they are simply dormant tools when holsterd or stored properly but require the same diligence one displays when driving 50 to 60 mph down a two lane highway when handled.

After the stalking thing abated once we moved and a few years passed, the gun bug left her (she still has the same 380 from then) but bit me hard and hasn't let go since. I've been through years of trial and error of different calibers, sizes, brands, etc, and shoot regularly at indoor ranges when I can afford it and at atterbury when the whether is ok and will continue there assuming that management disaster gets worked out.

This hobby is a blast but damn it can get expensive unless you have solid buying impulse control. It's been good in that my will power gets strengthened everytime I turn down a beautiful weapon I simply can't afford...I want them all!

Anyway, glad to be a member of this community and hope I can contribute as well as many of you from which I have learned so much.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    welcomeingo.gif
    Welcome to the best gun forum on the net.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom