• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Muffin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    Indiana
    Hey guys I'm looking to buy myself a new fixed blade knife. Preferably between 5-7 inches. If anyone has any suggestions i would love to hear them! I would be using it mainly for Survival purposes like in wooded areas and things like that. I need to get me one for Civil Air Patrol to add to my Search and Rescue Gear.

Last edited:

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    It would also help to know what you are going to use it for.

I just bought a Blind Horse Knives Woodsman Pro and really like it. Check them out.

There's also Bark river, Tom Krein, Busse/Swamp rat, ESEE, even the Spyderco Bushcrafter or temperance 2, and a hundred others out there that would work.

drbarnes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Kokomo
    I would suggest looking at scrapyard, swamp rat, blind horse knives and depending on your price range maybe even busse.

sometimes you gotta have the best :)

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Esee 6. Cant beat it for the money

they are definitely a damn good knife but there are more out there for sure. bark river, swamp rat, scrap yard, becker, blah blah blah lots out there. don't just limit yourself to one brand. there are lots of options everyone and knifelady can get most of them for you :)

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    they are definitely a damn good knife but there are more out there for sure. bark river, swamp rat, scrap yard, becker, blah blah blah lots out there. don't just limit yourself to one brand. there are lots of options everyone and knifelady can get most of them for you :)

Thanks Grunt. :D I can get most of them except for a couple you have mentioned but I aways have some ESEE's in stock.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Don't overlook the ESEE Laser Strike either. I think the handle is more comfortable than any of the other ESEE knives.

I only had mine for about two weeks before I sold it...only because I got this huge urge to get a different knife. It is very likely I will get another eventually for use at work. For around $100 it is really a good deal.

Top Bottom