• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    Well, I had been Kimber lurking for some time, I held several Kimber's, Springfield Loaded's, TRP's and others at the 1500 and then shot a TLE at the local shooting range. I was impressed by how easy the pistol was to shoot,,, and then,,, I came across this deal on an unfired Custom II with 5 total magazines, Blade Tech IWB Holster, box papers tags etc and I picked up some Slim Tech thin grips as well.

Next thing you know, this shows up at my local gun shop today and ready for transfer,,, the guys at the shop were blown away at the deal on this gun,

Christmas came early for me this year! :D
    bananaxmas.gif

KimberCustomII1.jpg

KimberCustomII4.jpg

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Congrats!!! I am a confirmed Kimber-lover myself, and the proud owner of two: Stainless Gold Match and Stainless Pro Carry (1st gen.).

Looks like you made a great buy!!

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    Thanks wtfd661, you helped answer a lot of my questions and I appreciate it greatly!

I think I would prefer some Big Dots over the stock sights though, thats about it

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    Thanks guys! I cant wait to shoot this baby, hopefully Saturday will be the day!

I've been trying to pick up .45 ammo here and there, not an easy task with the limited availability or crazy prices, but I found 3 boxes (50 round) of brass ammo and 4 boxes (50) of Blazer aluminum but Pop Guns does not allow anything but Brass on their range :xmad:

The search continues......

dyerwatcher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    Colorado
    Beautiful Firearm. I traded for my Custom TLEII last week. I went to the range on both Wednesday and Friday. I was very impressed. I have owned a stainless Colt Officer's for over 20 years. I got the Kimber because I don't want to holster the Colt. After shooting the Kimber (250 rounds), the Colt may be on the block. I was amazed at the accuracy. I was thinking about Crimson Trace lazer, but after using the night sights I am in no hurry.

Enjoy - you will love it!!

redneckpastor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    mind telling me how much coin you dropped on that nice piece of work? :D
    :ingo:

AND looking forward to see a range report :)

Top Bottom