• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Sponges. Why not? This actually makes a lot of sense, and could slow down hemorrhaging long enough to make a difference. Clever idea, I think.

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    Very cool thanks for the post. I think it is brilliant. For our good guys. And as a gun owner I would like to have one available to me. "He who carries a gun must be prepared to be shot by one" I do not remember who said that.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    That's fantastic! I do hope these become available on the civilian market. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't though.

scootn103

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    Wouldn't a tampon basically do the same?

Got a good laugh out of that ! You would know where the wound is by the string dangling out .

When I read that article , my impression is wow . Hopefully there will be civilian sales of this product .

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    Wouldn't a tampon basically do the same?

Got a good laugh out of that ! You would know where the wound is by the string dangling out .

When I read that article , my impression is wow . Hopefully there will be civilian sales of this product .

An industrial first aid trainer told me years ago that tampons were great to use as packing in a large flesh wound, and I keep a box of both the slim and super in the medicine cabinet. He cautioned against using them in a chest or abdomen wound since they would only plug the hole, and not necessarily stop the bleeding in a large cavity, but for something like a stab wound to an arm or leg, they work great. The old belted maxi pads also make a great compress pad, and can be tied tightly over a wound if necessary.

metaldog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Indy
    OB tampons work great for a nose bleed in the field. We were issued them in the Army (late 80's-early 90,s).

GONZO!!!

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    I carry 6 tampons in my BOB...they weigh absolutely nothing...sterile enough for SHTF ditch medicine and do a great job...as a former medic and EMT, what I don't care for with this new invention is there are too many of these small coins of gauze...it will be headache for the E.R. Doc or surgeon to account for them all. Tampons would be much easier, less expensive and just as effective.

In all seriousness....you could insert antampon into a knife wound for example...cover it with a maxi-pad and wrap an old style army bandage around it....it is very effective...

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I carry 6 tampons in my BOB...they weigh absolutely nothing...sterile enough for SHTF ditch medicine and do a great job...as a former medic and EMT, what I don't care for with this new invention is there are too many of these small coins of gauze...it will be headache for the E.R. Doc or surgeon to account for them all. Tampons would be much easier, less expensive and just as effective.

In all seriousness....you could insert antampon into a knife wound for example...cover it with a maxi-pad and wrap an old style army bandage around it....it is very effective...

That's good to know.

Top Bottom