• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimmothy86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    So I seem to have went about things in the wrong order...

I got my handgun permit first, then a gun (a brand new Springfield Armory XDm in .40S&W), then ammo, and now i need a place to shoot, a range, a conservation club, pretty much anything as long as they allow me to shoot my .40S&W and they are as close as possible to Ladoga, IN

any tips?

also, i'm looking for some training in the proper use/handling of firearms, i used them when i was younger and my dad taught me a little, but i want to become proficient with this weapon before i start carrying it regularly

thanks for all the help, and i hope i can be a contributing member here at some point.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    From Ladoga:

Short drive to Crawfordsville Gun Club... Almost to Darlington on SR47

Linden Conservation Club... Between Linden and Romney just east of US231

Marion County Fish & Game... in Speedway, near US 136 and Girls School Road

I do not know if it's still in operation, but there's a range right near the entrance to Shades State Park, too. I've shot there 5-6 times over the last few years, but it's been several months.

And welcome to the forum from a native Crawfordsvillian.

-J-

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    So I seem to have went about things in the wrong order...

I got my handgun permit first, then a gun (a brand new Springfield Armory XDm in .40S&W), then ammo, and now i need a place to shoot, a range, a conservation club, pretty much anything as long as they allow me to shoot my .40S&W and they are as close as possible to Ladoga, IN

any tips?

also, i'm looking for some training in the proper use/handling of firearms, i used them when i was younger and my dad taught me a little, but i want to become proficient with this weapon before i start carrying it regularly

thanks for all the help, and i hope i can be a contributing member here at some point.

+1 to you for that
    As for the training Check out the guys at ACT they have several offerings that should fit your needs. I am sure there are others around as well but I have had good experiences with them.

I am not sure where ladoga is but someone on here will let you know where your nearest range is

Welcome

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    There are a number of members that offer professional training. It will not be hard for you to find someone to help you with that. Someone closer to your area then I will give you ideas of ranges close to you.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I'm a member at Crawfordsville Gun Club and could meet you there for a range visit.

Another bump for ACT for excellent nearby training classes as well.

I'll PM you with my contact info. :)

jimmothy86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    thanks for all the info everyone, sorry its been so long since i got back to my own thread, but i primarily use my iPhone for surfing the web and rarely touch an actual computer, and this site doesnt load well on the iphone, something for another time i suppose

i've been in contact with ATM and i plan on meeting him at a local range in the very near future, soon as i can buy a couple hundred rounds of ammo, some glasses, and some ear protection

Also, i'm in contact with the ACT guys, and i have Apr 3rd marked on my calender for the next intro class they are offering

hopefully i can get some time on the range in before then and start working on, at the very least, not flinching every time i pull the trigger

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    if you ever want to get certified it guns get ahold of Jay on here, he is very good, he trained me and got me certified and did a great job.

robbran144

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    southside/greenwood
    thanks for all the info everyone, sorry its been so long since i got back to my own thread, but i primarily use my iPhone for surfing the web and rarely touch an actual computer, and this site doesnt load well on the iphone, something for another time i suppose

i've been in contact with ATM and i plan on meeting him at a local range in the very near future, soon as i can buy a couple hundred rounds of ammo, some glasses, and some ear protection

Also, i'm in contact with the ACT guys, and i have Apr 3rd marked on my calender for the next intro class they are offering

hopefully i can get some time on the range in before then and start working on, at the very least, not flinching every time i pull the trigger

this site works great on my Iphone, i wonder why you are having issues

Top Bottom