• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jrhemming

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2012
    Kokomo
    Hey guys just found this forum tonight and it's nice to be able to talk to people close to me I'm in central Indiana. Any ways I want to buy my first 1911 I have been researching all the brands out there. I thought I wanted a sig traditional model but I figured I would look at colt since they are the originals and really like the rail gun in two tone. For as much money as I'm going to spend on one of these 1911s I want a tack driver with match barrel the works and I want something reliable I don't wanna doubt it at all. So what do you think? Which would you go with or what else would you guys recommend? I realize I'm not buying a custom gun but for around the 1000 dollar mark I want the best I can get.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Are you a new shooter? If you are I definitely would get a 600 dollar gun and a bunch of ammo.

1911's are sweet on the recoil side, but require a lot more maintenance than say, a glock.

I also would like to recommend a rock island armory, citadel, ATI,metro arms samplings. You can buy two, and figure out if you want or need that rail.

I would not drop a grand on just a gun for my first 1911. First, wilson mags run 34-40 bucks each, factory ammo is expensive. And then there is that dreaded newbie scratch, which is done during a field strip if you become complacent.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Fairly new to 1911's also. I carried one for many years in the service and have wanted one of my own for a very long time. I finally got one about a month ago.

I read everything I could find here on INGO about different 1911's, founded endless numbers of them in gun shops and ended up entering the world of 1911 ownership with a Regent R200S. This being a fairly new offering (it's only been avail since last Nov) I wrote a short review of my first impressions here.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ughts_umerex_regent_r200s_1911_pic_heavy.html

As an update: I've put about 200 more rounds downrange with it. I've had several of my friends shoot it as well. It has performed flawlessly. I'm very pleased with it. At $600, it gives a ton of value.

Hope this helps

Jrhemming

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2012
    Kokomo
    I have been shooting guns for awhile just never had a 1911. I have had a beretta 96 then I bought a g27 then in the past year I got a g19 and an ar15. I also have an old winchest shot gun that was my grandpas. Next up is a 1911

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A fine choice. I would also consider a Springfield Range Officer or Loaded Target.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I own several Springers and all are reliable, accurate shooters. They are built as well as any production offerings. I actually like them above my Colts.
    The Springer Trophy Match is one of the best for the money. Hard to find as they get snatched up....JMHO

Edit....forget the rail.....get something else to hang a light/laser on...you will not need it unless it is a Mall Ninja fantasy of some sort..........;)

Top Bottom